Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As usually seems to be the way these things work out, I was not looking for a new Glock when I found on for sale, yesterday. It is used, but if it was ever shot, it wasn't shot very much. No visible wear that I could see. It includes Trijicon night sights. Asking price is $450. If my memory serves, it seems like I have read reviews on the G30 and they have been favorable, but I have never had the pleasure of shooting one, myself. My question is: Is this a good price and is it as favorable amongst G30 fans as I seem to think it is? Thank you.

·
Expert Marksman
703 Posts
My G30 is my car glove box gun...I have owned it since 2009 with no issues what so ever..It is loaded with Ranger T Series +P 230gr...I never leave home without it..!! Mine also has night sights (Factory Glock).. That is an EXECELLENT price if you can still get it...!!! You will NOT be disappointed if you buy it..!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I recently picked one up and really like it. Very accurate and a joy to shoot. That is a good price where I live.

·
Transform & Win
3,349 Posts
We owned two Gen3 G30SF pistols in our household for many years until earlier this year when we upgraded to G30 Gen4. It's a terrific 45ACP pistol. The price you were quoted is good.

There is a great deal of information and personal opinion about the G30-series pistols at the link in my signature line below. It's probably more than you want to read in one sitting, but skim through it and I believe you'll find something useful to you.

·
Banned
15,725 Posts
got a G30 "block" when they first came out. First three rounds of black talons 230 gr hp touched at 25 yds from a rest. Was my carry gun for years until I went to a Kimber Ultra Carry and then to a G29. All great guns but I like the ballistics and rd capacity using G20 mags as extras in the 29.

Glock 30 is great gun.... won a few BUG matches with mine and shot it in IDPA CDP.

Doc44

·
Registered
185 Posts
the Glock 30 is a fantastic gun with an excellent reputation...I have owned mine since 1997 or so (it's one of the first ones)...they had excellent reviews for a number of years when they came out, and Massad Ayoob used to sing praises about it's accuracy...you just don't see much on them any more because they've been around for 15 years or more (I think they came out in '96 or so)...they were one of the first Glocks with the recoil springs that are like the Gen 4's for more recoil dampening (dual springs, instead of one)...

if it feels good in your hand fit wise, you couldn't go wrong...and the price is very reasonable (it's a lot more gun than a Glock 19, and a used one of those can go for $450 or so when clean)...mine was $485 used, but was like brand new, and that was a long time ago...they retail around $600...

Pierce has some real nice mag extensions/base plates that replace the factory one and make it like the grip itself, the checkering and contour that is...check them out if you get it...

plus, you can carry it w/ a 9 rounder that is flush with the grip and easier to conceal, go with the 10 rounders for normal use, and the 13 round Glock 21's work as well for home defense...what's not to love!

Glock 17 X 3 (Gen1 marked MPDC, Gen2, OD Gen3), Glock 19 X 2 (Gen2 & Gen3), Glock 22 (Gen2), Glock 30 (w/o rail)

"Incompetence is the worst form of corruption" - Harve, Electra Glide in Blue

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW!!

Thanks so much for the replies. I certainly do appreciate them.

I think I will go for it, especially based on the reviews posted above.

Thanks, again. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Yep, I'd say go for it if you haven't already and it seems like that's what you're going to to. I bought a gen 2.5 in 2001 and like a moron, sold it about 7 years later for something or another. Been regretting that ever since. I saw another 2.5 for $500.00 used and waited too long and missed it a few months ago. $450.00 you say? Yes sir, take that. As stated already, it will take the 13 round G-21 mags. I had bought a compensated 400 Corbon barrel off of an ex member here for it too. What a hoot that was.....In all the time I had mine, it never malfed. Not once. Good luck and enjoy yours when you get it.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
let "fit to your hand" be your guide...the G30 can be a bit blocky for some...the 'SF' model is a bit easier and many say the Gen4 model feels a bit smaller still...all should shoot above their weight level so to speak...better than they should...

I have the Gen4 with Trijicon night sights (my preference-USA made) and carry with the G21 13 rounders for reload...go get you one...:D

Bill

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
Sounds like a excellent price to me for a Glock that almost everyone who has tried one really likes.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
Not a bad price, especially with night sights. If the night sights are still pretty bright, I'd jump on it. I have a G30 and a G30S and they are great guns.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, guys. I just need to come up with the balance between what I have and $450 selling price. If it is still there in a couple of weeks, I should have it by then. Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have a G30 I bought used and I love it. Be aware that Glock issued a recall for them due to cracks in the frame. Get the s/n and call customer service. If it is subject to recall, they will do it free-it will just cost you shipping to Smyrna. You will be asked to tell them if you want a matching serial number on the frame. If not, you'll have it back in a few weeks. If you want a matching s/n, I was told it could be six to eight weeks.

I bought mine as a shooter and EDC so I didn't care, and I got it back within about ten days.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I finally got up the money needed and checked on its availability, only to learn it had already been sold. :( That's just the way these things go sometimes. I'll just keep my eyes open for another deal and be sure to have the money available when that time comes.

Thanks for your recommendations and suggestions. They are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
M first Glock 45 was a 21 back in 1993, and it was great...back when we thought that big hunk of .45 pistol was great. I purchased a 30 in 1998 and it was the pistol I took my first CCW class with....sold these and got away from Glocks for a while until the SF frames were introduced.

My 21SF is the smoothest pistol I have ever shot. I got a 30S LNIB about 2 months ago and it is really nice, now that I have shot the SF and S frames, I can now say these are the finest .45s around...

Get the pistol, but when you pick up the 30S pistol, you are going to want one of these too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts