g30 or xdm

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Filhar, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Filhar

Filhar

With my smaller hands, I really like the gen4 Glocks. My carry gun is a g26 gen 4. I want to switch to a .45. I've had a gen 4 g30 on order for a while and they don't know when it might come in. My gun store is aiming me at an XDM 3.8 compact instead. They're about $60 more and all the xd forums say they have to have a drop in trigger kit for another $125. Are their triggers that bad? I've shot Cowboy Action for years and until last year when Wi got concealed carry I didn't have any square guns except for a 1911 for Wild Bunch matches. I went to Glock cause I like the trigger. Sorry for the long post. Any thoughts on either gun?

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Stock triggers on XDMs aren't bad at all. They do have a shorter reach to the trigger, and thus fit some hands better. Try the two and compare dry fire; it would be ideal if you could live fire both side by side on a rental range.

best,
    Mas

3. Filhar

Filhar

No rentals around here, so I think I'll try to wait for a g30 to come in, If I can't wait ,I'll grab the xdm. Thanks for the help.