close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30 or G39?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G26ster, Jan 31, 2010.

1. G26ster

G26ster

I was at a Dallas gun show today, and one dealer with great prices had just about every model Glock there. I really, really liked the feel of the G30 and the G39. Didn't like the SF G36. Felt skinny. I believe the G30 and G39 grips are the same as my G26.

Now I know the G39 uses .45 GAP, and who knows how long this ammo will be available, but I thought I had read there were some issues with the G30, but I'm not sure. In any case I'd like some recommendations from owners of either of these models, good, bad, or ugly.

2. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Most of the trigger bar issues are with the 30sf, not the 30. Glock has changed the trigger bar to remedy the 30sf issues.
    I have both and prefer the 39 to the 30. There are enough PD's using the .45 GAP to ensure that the round will be available in the future. The ammuntion shortage has not been as issue for me in finding GAP ammo.
    Suggest you take a look at the Big Dawg sub forum dedicated to the GAPs. It's located in the Gun Related Clubs section of GT. You can't go wrong with either gun.

3. bushytail77

bushytail77

The grip on the G30 is a little thicker than the G26. The 39 and 26 are very close dimensional wise with the 39 being wider in the slide. As the 30 goes, I have the standard version (not the SF) and it is flawless. I believe the issues with the SF have been somewhat resolved too with a new trigger assembly. For a small increase in size over the 39, you get 4 more rounds in a more popular caliber.

4. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

5. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

Im debating a g30 right now myself?

6. den888

den888

The G30 is really awesome, but grip may be a little thick for some...