Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all the negatives of the GAP, but I also, don't really like the feel of the G30, or G36, and I would really like a .45 . The 38 is to me, the perfect fit. I have the 19, and love it, so the 38 is naturally just as comfortable. But like I said, I can't get comfortable with the 30, or 36 . What to do ??

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Then get the G38. You could also consider the the G23, same size frame with a slide that is 1/8" narrower than the G38. The G23 is obviously a .40 though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a G38 that is a 25 yard sniper pistol, by far the most accurate Glock I own and dead nuts center at that range. My G19 shoots left and I have yet to find a G23 I am happy with when an X300 is mounted, they never seem to be reliable . The G38 is joined by an issued G37 and G39 from my job. The GAP is harder to locate but I buy bulk and reload for practice with Montana Gold 200gr JFP. I love my 38.

·
Mostly IDPA now
1,136 Posts
So, you guys.... Any trouble finding ammo ?
Maybe you should spend a week a see how hard it is for YOU to find ammo.

Try the 30SF. If you must stick with Glock and the 30SF doesn't work, look at a 23.

If 45 is really what you want and Glock doesn't fit look at other brands, maybe even a 1911.

·
Super Moderator
20,478 Posts
I've owned a G38 since they were first introduced and it is my all time favorite Glock, as well as my most accurate. I've never had a problem finding ammo online. Five state police agencies issue the G37 GAP--NY, PA, SC, GA and FL.

Most members in General Glocking will bash it, so visit our Bull Dawgs Forum here on G/T.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I've owned a G38 since they were first introduced and it is my all time favorite Glock, as well as my most accurate. I've never had a problem finding ammo online. Five state police agencies issue the G37 GAP--NY, PA, SC, GA and FL.

Most members in General Glocking will bash it, so visit our Bull Dawgs Forum here on G/T.
Thanks a lot Danny, I didn't even know there was a Bull Dawgs Forum lol

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts

Jayson, you will not get a better endorsement of your decision on GlockTalk than you just got right here.

·
Registered
59,811 Posts
So, you guys.... Any trouble finding ammo ?
The next two weeks you will be fine. After that, I have heard that the GAP will be extinct sometime the first week in January. Even though there are still GAPS out there, there will be no more of it. Just like 470NE although I think they made more GAP guns.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.