close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30 ftf

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RMD, Aug 3, 2011.

1. RMD

RMD

Hi JR,

Recently bought a gen 2.5 G30 and ran 100 rounds of WWB 230gr through it with no problems.

Ordered a box of 230 gr Speer GD & a box of Winchester Ranger 230gr in order to find a good carry load.

At the range today, I shot 40 rounds of each. The Speers ran without issue and I'm going to order a few more boxes to ensure reliability.

The Rangers, however, did something strange. First 10 rounds were OK, but on the 9th round of the next 3 mags, I got failures to feed. These failures occurred with both magazines.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

I'm thinking it just doesn't like the Rangers since there were no problems with the Speers, but wanted to get your opinion.

Is there any troubleshooting I can do?

Thanks!

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

A FTF sticking in the roof of the chamber is usually an OAL (reloads) issue or a timing issue. The ammo is factory new so I recommend replacing the magazine spring with a +10% by Wolff and replace the recoil spring.

3. RMD

RMD

Thanks, JR. I already had some extra springs on order due to the age of the piece, so replacing the recoil spring is no biggie.

I'll look into the Wolff mag springs. Looks like I'll need 75371.