Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum here, and I am deadset on getting a Glock as my first handgun. I have a home defense shotgun, but would like a somewhat versatile weapon that I can use between home defense/vehicle/occasional carry. I really like the Glock 30 from what I have read, and from some high profile opinions.

As a lefty, and at 6'2" 180 lbs, is it feasible to be able to conceal this from time to time for a span, even in summer?

Thanks!

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
While the G30 is a little "chunkier" than a lot of pistols, it is no problem to conceal with a good holster and BELT (don't forget a 1.5" GUN belt, preferably reinforced). As you can see, I have one and carry it on occasion but it mostly is used as my nightly HD gun. I've gone to the G26, not only because it is more compact (while retaining 10 round capacity) but primarily because it is 7.75 oz lighter than the 30--and that's a big difference all day.

Welcome to GT and Glock ownership. You'll learn a lot here.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Welcome. I own a G30 and carry it often. Many people here own and carry this great weapon with little difficulty. It sometimes takes a little experimentation to get the best holster for you but I'm confident that you will find it doable. When you do purchase a new Glock please take the time to practice. You will find the 30 a reliable and accurate pistol.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
CC is a pain to say the least. Anyone tells you any different has a whole other experience than me. I am a small old man 5'7". I love the G30. I don;t have one now but have owned several. I think the G30 is one of the best pistols to carry, if you ever need one. They come smaller and lighter but most take second place to the G30. The G21 is King but the G30 Rules in CC.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
First you have to decide if you want "inside the waistband" or outside. Lots and lots of holsters out there and as ray said, cc can be a pain but you should be fine. I have both types of holsters and feel the OWB is more comfortable for me but I carry both ways. In the winter I used all kinds of OWB holster with all the winter clothing it's easy to conceal. Summer is more IWB but I have carried my G30 in an OWB holster with a tshirt all day in the summer with no problem.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i just sold my glock 30 and had no issues carrying it iwb. I think you will be happy, but if you want slim obviously go with the 36.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
11,769 Posts
I carry a G22 and now have a G20SF as my carry guns. Have not had the 10mm long enough for summer carry but have carried the G22 during hot weather. I have even open carried a time or two and do not think anyone noticed.
I do not think most non-gun folks really notice a CCW gun or their surrounding much.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Personally, I find a G30 to be rather easy to conceal. I'm about 6'3", 160lbs, so I don't have a lot of bulk to hide it.

I carry mine in an MTAC with a Beltman horsehide belt (quality gear is kind of expensive, but makes ccw very comfy and concealing easy as well), and I wear pretty much the same clothes as I always have.

Summer carry really doesn't change anything for me, as my t-shirts and shorts conceal just as well as jeans and long sleeve shirts.

As long as you make a little bit of an effort, ccw shouldn't be much of an inconvenience for you.

·
Banned
2,195 Posts
easy to carry IMO. I'm 6' and about 190 solid built. I have a 32" waist. The G30 I had was easy to conceal, however, due to the shape of the backstrap and the grips thickness, I found i could not draw it well strong side and with about 15 deg of cant. This is probably more due to my longer arms and short torso as I could not get my hand well into the grip for a good strong purchase while drawing.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I carry a G30 or a G29 (same size) I use a Supertuck and a Beltman belt. I have mine adjusted for maximum cant. I forget it's there after a while. There are lighter and narrower guns, but a G30 is a great weapon for carry IMO

10 rounds of 45 ACP is hard to beat. I put G21 mags in it for nightstand duty. 2 guns in one.

·
Banned
1,820 Posts
I carry one under my left arm with a shoulder holster & it doesn't bother me 5'7 - 160lbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, thanks for the replies. I feel reassured by the number of positive affirmations that there will be some way to comfortably conceal the 30. I don't wear a lot of loose or baggy clothing, and usually look sort of "preppy" with button-down and button-ups, so I guess that probably limits my options, so I am trying to find a reasonable compromise.

The 30 is my gun of choice as long as I have a way to realistically carry it when I need it.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
It sounds like a "tuckable" holster may work if you need to keep your shirt tucked in but still conceal.

Tuckable holsters have a "pocket" that allows you to tuck your shirt between your pants and the pistol. There are several you can look at. Here are a few I know:

MTAC www.comp-tac.com
Supertuck www.crossbreedholsters.com
King Tuck www.usgalco.com
The Answer www.tuckergunleather.com
Kholster www.kholster.com
Versa Max II www.miltsparks.com

There are others but they slip my mind at the present time.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Perhaps a G36 or G39? Less rounds, but more concealable with tighter clothing. Good Luck.

·
VIP MEMBER
3,341 Posts
I carry a G30 with no problem.I am 6' 1" and 180.I use a Theis IWB holster and a Wilderness 5 stitch belt.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm 6' 1", 175 lbs. EDC is G30 in IWB Blade-Tec Nano "Bobby McGee." My wife has no clue I'm carrying, winter under a too-large (2XL) sweatshirt or summer under an untucked shirt tail.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
You should have no problem ccwing the 30. A good belt(not something you buy at the local mall store), C-TAC IWB holster and up-size your shirt/pants by one size and get "tall" shirts if you don't already. Oh ya, prints over solid color shirts and darker over light colors when possible.

FB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts