close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30 and G30SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Apollo11, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Apollo11

Apollo11

Have the new trigger bars hit the streets for the SF's? I have not followed this for a while, and wanted to get an update.

Also, have you all experienced/witnessed the 30 remaining unaffected with the FTRB issues?

Thanks in anvanced for the information.

2. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

My 30sf is fantastic with never a failure. Put another hundred rounds through it today and still going bang every time I pull the trigger.

I would suggest you not worry about a problem that doesn't really exist for the VAST majority of Glock 30/30sf out there.

3. Apollo11

Apollo11

While I am happy your gun is running, this issue existed for MY 30SF. Thanks for not answering the question. I am just trying to get the latest on the new TB's and confirm that new 30's have not seen this issue.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  4. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

No problem! BTW - learn how to use the search function and you will find your question has been beaten to death in a number of threads already. Good luck to ya! :wavey:

5. Apollo11

Apollo11

Really? I just got done searching for CURRENT information on the new TB's, and found very little. After this effort on my part, I started this thread; which you have seen fit to Troll in.

If you don't have an answer then please sit back, insted of littering the thread with your BS post.

6. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

7. Apollo11

Apollo11

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. In my OP, I was referring to weather the TB's that are currently being installed in new production 30SF's are the -1-'s. I have read the thread you have sent me to, and it does not answer this question.

8. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

G30 SF will be my next gun.

9. rtn

rtn

Just fired my 30SF for the first time today. About 6 FTRTBs. Definitely related to the trigger bar. On occasion, releasing the trigger freed the slide.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

It seems hit and miss,....most have the 4256-1 a few have been reported with the 4256-1-

There are MANY threads on this, search for:

4256-1
    G30sf
    G30
    FTRTB

http://glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4764497

http://glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4764499

http://glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4764501

http://glocktalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4764503

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  11. WGO55

WGO55 Lifetime Member

I bought a 30SF and a 21SF in December. Both function flawlessly.

The 21SF has a 4256-1 trigger bar.
    The 30SF has a 4256-1- trigger bar.

12. The Pusherman

The Pusherman officer mcgee

i've noticed glock's new trigger bar is a half assed solution that sometimes resolve the frtb issues, and sometimes not, and either way it is still scraped by the slide.

i almost bought a g30sf about a month ago at my friend's gunshop. i decided to pass based on this issue. i found out that the guy that actually did buy it is pissed because it keeps jamming....

13. BrianNH

BrianNH

As BhamGlock has stated, the problem doesn't exist for the vast majority of pistols.

The new -1- TB is in all current production G30 and G30 SF's.

I would not consider a line or light markings on the trigger bar a problem either if your pistol is running fine for those of you who think the new TB is a half assed fix.

14. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Is there a known manufacture date for the G30SF's which feature the updated trigger bar? I'm ready to buy, but intend on waiting-out any forseeable problem. I'm an armorer, but don't want to pay $500.00+ for something that I will immediately have to put work into.

15. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

I have not seen anything official from Glock stating from serial number XXX forward they are using the 4256-1- TB. That said, if you are an armorer then the cost will be zero to get the updated trigger bar if you happened to need it and the work involved would take about 5 minutes max to swap it out.

That said, given there obviously have been some number defective 30/30sf's out there you may just want to invest your $$$ in something else and not run any risk of getting a "bad" one.

16. Apollo11

Apollo11

Thanks gents, this is the info I was looking for. I'll call up Fred on Monday and see if the new TB's are a fix, or are being installed as standard on the 30/30sf's. \

The last time I spoke with GA it was before the -1- bars were out, I had not heard if they were being installed as standard yet, or if they ever will. I'll post what Glock says on Monday.

In reguard to my 30SF issues, I sold the gun after some modification of the TB to a buddy. He uses it as a range gun, and has has no issues. BTW the modification was fully disclosed to him. Now I am wanting another 30 so here we are.

I think I am going to look into getting an IOP form and getting one on order if the information from Fred pans out.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  17. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Thanks for the info, also. I have a F** prefix G30 that I bought from a friend, and like it so much that I might convert from my trademark G17's. I'll need another trouble-free G30 to get underway.

18. BrianNH

BrianNH

I'm fairly certain Glock wouldn't give out any S/N range info for the upgraded pistols.

Everything I'm seeing come in now both G30's and G30 SF's have the new TB. That isn't to say however that a dealer or even a distributor couldn't have some old inventory without the new TB.

The best bet for anyone wanting a new pistol is to find one in stock somewhere and have the dealer take off the slide to check the part number on the TB.

19. Apollo11

Apollo11

FWIW, Just got back from a local store that had a 30SF come in two days ago, it had the -1- TB in it. It has a slight rub mark on the TB.

20. btolliverjr

btolliverjr

While my G30SF serial number NNPXXX has the -1 TB with some rubbing and has had zero problems to date, I was interested in updating the TB to the -1- just to see. I called Glock last week and they said they weren't able to send me the TB, but it would have to be sent to a certified Glock armorer. I guess I will just stick to my -1 TB