close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30/36 hybrid is almost the same size as G26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scosgt, Apr 13, 2012.

1. scosgt

scosgt

I was going to spring for a new G27

But I went to the safe and compared my G30/36 hybrid - G36 slide on G30 frame - to my G26

The G30/36 was using the 9 round mag with the pierce +0 extension for the G29

The G26 has the 10 round mag with the Pierce +0 extension.

Both extensions are basically just the pinkie grip and flat in the back.

The slides are visually the same width. The G36 slide is slightly longer, but not enough to make it uncomfortable IWB.

The G26 grip is only 1/8" to 1/4" shorter in the back of the frame (NOT significant) and virtually identical in the front of the grip the way I carry.

My conclusion is that with a G27 I gain essentially nothing - there is no concealment benefit in the real world (I carry IWB or in a shoulder rig - both fit in the same holsters). There is no ammo benefit - 10 rounds of .40 vs 10 rounds of .45. That one goes to the .45 obviously.

The width of the grips is very very close. Again, no significant difference.

I also compared the G30/36 to the G19 and G23. The G19/23 have a fatter grip, a longer grip, and the same length slide.

I have carried the G19 extensively IWB in the summer time in NYC, and have never been challenged. It carries fine. Fully loaded with 15+1 the weight has to be very close to the G30/36.

And the grip is longer. In fact, significantly longer.

So I think I have to scratch the G27. I just can't see one advantage over what I have now.

Glock needs to make the G30/36 a part of the line. It is a truly concealable .45

Anyone got a different opinion?

2. grmnracing

grmnracing

I say keep the .45. Do you have any pics on the hybrid setup? How's it function? And problems?

Sent from my iPhone

3. scosgt

scosgt

No problems at all. The G36 has never missed a beat. The new G30sf had two 9th round FTF on the first two mags with WBB from Wally World (JHP).

Since then, over 500 trouble free rounds with either upper on the 30 lower.

The G30 is a little softer shooting due to the heavier slide, but the hybrid is accurate, reliable and does not require a rubber grip sleeve (which the 36 does - it was PAINFUL to shoot, due to the narrow grip shape and sharp plastics).

It is the gun Glock should make. Enough people have does this for us to know that there does not appear to be a downside - no one has cracked a frame or slide or had any component fail due to the switch, and after all both uppers are .45 so there should not be any issue.

Come on Glock, produce this gun!

4. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Pics or a video would be nice :wavey:

:50cal:

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Is your 36 slide on a regular 30 or 30SF frame ?? I know that the 36 is listed as the width being 1.10" and the 30 is 1.27" where is that being measured at ?? Id also like to see some pics of you 30 with the 36 slide on it... I know my 30SF is just as comfortable to carry as my 27, the only thing I noticed at first was the weight difference but once you carry for a while you get used to it.. I love my 30SF and its with me everyday..

6. grmnracing

grmnracing

You make me very interested! I like the grip on the 30 because it is large. I just need a 36 slide now. It looks like you might have twisted my arm and I'll have to find a 36 slide.

Sent from my iPhone

7. grmnracing

grmnracing

[​IMG]
    Is this what it looks like? I want side pics.

Sent from my iPhone

8. scosgt

scosgt

Here it is.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  9. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

you can upload a pic on here as well just need to scale it down some. and can use this for a resize... http://www.picresize.com/

10. "Cold Dead Hands" !

"Cold Dead Hands" !

G36/30 Hybrid, I'd buy one of them in a heart beat !

11. scosgt

scosgt

I couldn't find the upload button. Here it is!

Attached Files:

12. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

what model are those in the pics the one on the right looks to have a bigger slide ???

13. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

I have a 36 and want a 30 frame badly, but a complete frame is about $300, plus shipping, transfer fee, tax ... it would be about $400 to get into a 36/30 hybrid. But I want it sooooo bad.

14. scosgt

scosgt

There was one on Gunbroker last week for $225 plus shipping. Just add the mags and good to go.

15. grmnracing

grmnracing

The details on the picture said they are a Glock 30 and 36 with switched slides.

Sent from my iPhone

16. Mattyd

Mattyd

Where does one and how much does it cost to just buy the slide of the 36? Do you use the barrel from the 30?

17. scosgt

scosgt

The 36 frame is on the right you can see it is much slimmer. The left is the 36 slide on the 30 frame.

18. scosgt

scosgt

You use the complete upper, including the recoil spring. It just slides right on, no fitting no changes to anything.

19. scosgt

scosgt

As I noted in another thread, the checkering on the PG-29 is quite sharp. Thirty seconds with a piece of 220 grit sandpaper and that problem is solved. I suggest anyone who buys a PG-29 take those sharp edges off right away.

20. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

It's called a Glock 39. Glock ain't gonna make a similar ACP.