close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G29 SF Modifications

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ZJniner, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ZJniner

ZJniner

I'm looking for opinions on the following modifications as I'm purchasing a G29SF very shortly.

1) I like the idea of the Pearce +0 Extensions and was curious if anyone has had reliability issues with them on their 10rd mags?

2) Does anyone have the part # for the FACTORY Glock Extended Slide Release that fits the G29SF? A link to someone who sells the GLOCK brand part would be perfect.

3) Does anyone have the Glock Factory extended mag release on a G29SF and if so how comfortable is it when handling the gun? I have one on my Gen 3 G19 and love it but I'm unsure about on the larger framed G29 even though it is an SF model.

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Meathead9

Meathead9

1. I don't care for mag extensions, but I haven't heard of any problems with the Pearce +0's. I wish Glock made a mag for the G29, with the same specs/parts as the G30 10rd mags.

2. I've read conflicting info on whether it's a different part number or not for the large frame SF's, and I've been looking for one, so I'm interested in this as well.

3. There is no factory extended mag release for large frame Glocks. The factory extended mag release you have in your G19, is actually just a standard mag release for the 45/10mm Glocks. I have a Zev Tech extended mag release on my G20SF (USPSA Limited Gun), but that thing is HUGE. It's almost too big, and I may end up trimming or rounding off the pad on the end.

3. ZJniner

ZJniner

I was on the fence about the Extended Mag release so it's not a big deal for me at all. Scratch that one.

The G29SF is replacing my Ruger GP100 4.2" Barrel woods gun.

The ~41oz weight has lost it's luster and the honeymoon is over. The near 50% weight reduction and 4+1 round count increase will be readily accepted on my hip.

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hello ZJniner, welcome to Glock Talk.

We reached the conclusion in an earlier thread, titled "g29sf extended slide stop part number?", that the correct Glock OEM part number to order is SP01034 for the extended slide stop lever that will fit the G29SF.

You can get that at GlockParts.com which has reasonably-priced shipping for small parts.

5. ZJniner

ZJniner

Appreciate It. Search function was being a little wonky for me. Think I've got it figured out now. :thumbsup:

6. Gperfection

Gperfection

I can tell you for sure, that the SP07496 ext. SSL works on the 30SF. Never tried one on a 29SF, but the stock non-ext SSL is listed as the same for the 30SF and the 29SF. If the marking on the stock (non-ext) SSL is 5299-1, than the SP07496 will work. The SP01034 will not fit the SF models. By the way, Glock doesn't list an ext. SSL for the 29SF & 30SF models.

7. 67November

67November

I have the Peace + 0 extension on five of my 10-rd mags and have never had any issues. With the extension in place, the overall dimensions are comparable to the G19/G23. They give me that extra level of comfort and control, particularly when shooting 200-300 rounds at the range with full-power loads.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to also practice without extensions so that you're prepared for whatever situation may arise. I keep a couple of stock mags for that purpose.

YMMV