close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G29 - Same Frame as G30?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nohocop, Jan 17, 2010.

1. nohocop

nohocop

Remind me - the G29 has the same frame as the G30?

2. BigBull 301

BigBull 301

3. nohocop

nohocop

Roger that. Thanks BigBull 301.

4. Gabby

Gabby

Have shot a 30 with a 29 barrel and magazine swapped into the 30 slide and frame. Put 10mm rounds on target same as it did with 45ACP barrel and magazine. Extractor contour "may" be somewhat different, but I could not tell any functional difference in my limited test (two 10 round magazines of 10mm).

Yes, as per the above, the frames are identical. So are the recoil springs and the slides, other than perhaps the extractor.

You can make 10mm work thru the 45ACP platform by swapping barrels and mags, but not vice versa--the 10mm slide will not accomodate the 45ACP cartridge case.

5. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

I've been reading all I can about the 30 to 29 similarities and conversion. I can't ever seem to find a consistent answer when it comes to the extractor. Some say they are the same and won't need to be switched and other's say they do. I'd love to have each one but that's not reality for me. I'm also not concerned about a quick change over. I'd love to have 10mm for the woods and .45 to shoot, and for HD/SD. Barrel, Mags and extractor isn't too expensive.

^^ike