GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at porting my G29, have looked at Magnaport, Brazen, RYG. I'm leaning towards MP more because of their longevity in the trade but I know there's plenty of other EDM shops out there. Also would appreciate hearing from anyone who has actually done this on their G29.

TIA
Pete

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Had 3 revolvers & a rifle MP--completely satisfied.

·
Registered
957 Posts
What are you wanting to change about it? Is there too much muzzle flip?

I’ll admit I never fired my blast loads in my 29, only in my g20.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ok, so I tried to reply yesterday morning but the site was "under maintenance" and I lost all my post. :-(
Anyways, I had a gen 3 Glock 29 from 2012-17 with a G30 slide to go with. Nice setup, but despite being a big guy, I couldn't shoot the G29 very well.
I had it magna-ported (see pictures) and they did a very precise and clean job of it. I would say that it reduced muzzle flip a bit, despite ignorant internet statements, it was not a flame thrower or blinded me in the dark. All in all, it was an improvement, but not enough for me to hang onto it. Probably if I could handload watered down loads, the pistol would have been a good shooter for me.
The best improvement I've seen is the KKM ported barrel on my G20sf. It sticks out about 1/2", has ports at the end, and shoots really nice. Plus, I can regularly shoot cast bullets out of it too. That is my side arm while bear hunting in the Sierras.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts