Glock Talk banner

G29, 33, 39 Worthless Models

7740 Views 129 Replies 51 Participants Last post by  Walkingwolf
Other than some government agencies who the hell would buy any of these models and why? If you own one of these models please explain to me why you bought it. I thought about adding the G27, 42 and 43 in there as well but didn't want to get too many people butthurt.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

· Banned
551 Posts
I am not sure what you have against the Glock 27, Glock 33, Glock 42, and Glock 43 but I do not see any use for the .45 GAP round. But if you like the .357 or .40 SW round then the Glock 27 and Glock 33 are good choices. As far as the single stacks, they are not for me but I understand their appeal along with the Glock 36. They just are not my thing as I like larger capacity 9mms.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure what you have against the Glock 27, Glock 33, Glock 42, and Glock 43 but I do not see any use for the .45 GAP round. But if you like the .357 or .40 SW round then the Glock 27 and Glock 33 are good choices. As far as the single stacks, they are not for me but I understand their appeal along with the Glock 36. They just are not my thing as I like larger capacity 9mms.
The only reason, I see for a G33 or 27 is if you are a LEO and carry the full size pistols as your primary sidearm and the subs as BUG. For obvious magazine compatibility Other than that, why would anyone want to shoot a .357 sig or a .40 cal through a subcompact? You lose capacity AND slow down your follow up shots and accuracy greatly in these little guns.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
The only reason, I see for a G33 or 27 is if you are a LEO and carry the full size pistols as your primary sidearm and the subs as BUG. For obvious magazine compatibility Other than that, why would anyone want to shoot a .357 sig or a .40 cal through a subcompact? You lose capacity AND slow down your follow up shots and accuracy greatly in these little guns.
That's subjective my friend. I usually shoot my 27 better than my issued 22 and I have a lot more time behind my 22.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's subjective my friend. I usually shoot my 27 better than my issued 22 and I have a lot more time behind my 22.
And I bet you'd shoot a 26 that much better than your 27 ;)
I hear a lot of people shoot the subs better. I think it's because you might be milking the grip with your pinky. When your pink hangs off on the subcompact there's nothing for it to squeeze. Just a thought.

· Registered
229 Posts
The G42 is my current EDC. It's a great shooting pistol and easy to pocket carry. I've had the G43 for a couple months and will soon be a carry option. I'm as comfortable carrying either as when I carried my G26.
A Cincinnatti man was attacked and almost beaten to death by a gang of seven...which kinda got me thinking...

· Registered
2,420 Posts
If your talking size verse caliber, there is a good use for the subcompact double stacks. I carry the 27 quite a bit. The wife carries the 42 and I am going to get her a 43 as well.

To answer your question, for conceal carry.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The G42 is my current EDC. It's a great shooting pistol and easy to pocket carry. I've had the G43 for a couple months and will soon be a carry option. I'm as comfortable carrying either as when I carried my G26.
A Cincinnatti man was attacked and almost beaten to death by a gang of seven...which kinda got me thinking...
If I'm by myself I have not problem carrying my XDs 9mm. If I'm with my wife and kids you bet your ass I've got at bare minimum my G26/19 with a G19 mag in the cargo pocket.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your talking size verse caliber, there is a good use for the subcompact double stacks. I carry the 27 quite a bit. The wife carries the 42 and I am going to get her a 43 as well.

To answer your question, for conceal carry.
No, I'm mean specifically the .45 GAP, .357 SIG and 10mm in the subcompact models. That's what was stated in the OP tittle.

· Banned
6,834 Posts
The .357SIG is very arguably the finest weapons-service (as opposed to range-toy use) round that has ever been developed for auto-pistols. It's a very accurate, powerful, flat-trajectory round whose bottleneck design allows Glock to produce barrels with the tightest chambers and full 360-degree cartridge case support. The G33 is the best concealed carry pistol and caliber now available, IMHO.

The only folks who dislike ,357SIG are those who have not used it. The G33 is fueled by this excellent round. Buy one...or more. :)

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The .357SIG is very arguably the finest weapons-service (as opposed to range-toy use) round that has ever been developed for auto-pistols. It's a very accurate, powerful, flat-trajectory round whose bottleneck design allows Glock to produce barrels with the tightest chambers and full 360-degree cartridge case support. The G33 is the best concealed carry pistol and caliber now available, IMHO.

The only folks who dislike ,357SIG are those who have not used it. The G33 is fueled by this excellent round. Buy one...or more. :)
But once you get into the 9mm +P rounds what really is the advantage? Is it that big of a difference? What are the recoil differences and accuracy/time between shoots?

· Registered
2,420 Posts
No, I'm mean specifically the .45 GAP, .357 SIG and 10mm in the subcompact models. That's what was stated in the OP tittle.
So you are wondering why anyone would carry a 45gap, 40, 357sig, 10mm, 380 and 9 in a small frame???

I sometimes carry 357 sig in my 27 with all the conversion components. Small, high cap, hard hitting

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you are wondering why anyone would carry a 45gap, 40, 357sig, 10mm, 380 and 9 in a small frame???

I sometimes carry 357 sig in my 27 with all the conversion components. Small, high cap, hard hitting
No, not the .380 and 9mm. Those make sense to me. The only one that might make sense is the 357 sig but still not convinced it's that much better than 124 +P 9mm loads.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I can understand why any of the "baby" Glocks are a popular choice based on their size and reliability and availability in a favored caliber.

· Registered
455 Posts
Other than some government agencies who the hell would buy any of these models and why? If you own one of these models please explain to me why you bought it. I thought about adding the G27, 42 and 43 in there as well but didn't want to get too many people butthurt.
I don’t have to explain anything to you.

· Registered
2,168 Posts
G39 is for shooters who want an ergonomic Glock 30 that doesn't pinch while shooting. With a "+" baseplate magazine, and a loaded chamber, you get eight in the gun. Back that up with a G38 mag and you are good to go. With a standard magazine, it hides decently in a large pocket.

I like the G21 again now that I have an SF. I still don't like the G30, but the G39 really is a great shooter.

Reactions: engineer151515

· Registered
3,598 Posts
Another 9mm guy who evidently sees his carry gun/cartridge as a crusade, instead of a personal choice. If you want to carry the 38 Special Rimless Short, that's OK by me. I have no desire to convert you.

'sharkbait' is an excellent user name for you, LOL.

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another 9mm guy who evidently sees his carry gun/cartridge as a crusade, instead of a personal choice. If you want to carry the 38 Special Rimless Short, that's OK by me. I have no desire to convert you.

'sharkbait' is an excellent user name for you, LOL.
I like the part where you supported your claim with facts and evidence.

· Registered
1,546 Posts
I own a G29 because I like the 10mm round and it's the perfect sized conceal carry 10mm. As a matter of fact, if you want to CC a 10mm, there's not a better gun/model made.
As for the G33, if you like .357 Sig, then the G33 is about as good as it gets for CC. Same pretty much goes for the G39, if you like the 45GAP. IMO, that's a round that was never asked for, but, to each his own.
Obviously, enough people like the guns you consider "worthless", so I guess you're opinion doesn't carry too much weight. :dunno:

I'm sure there are many people out there that think every gun you own is worthless, but, that's probably why they don't own them. So, if you don't like a certain model or caliber or brand, then don't buy one. It's pretty simple really. ;)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.