Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
"ah-lay-mahn"
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody here bought and tried the Tungsten captured rsa's from the Glock Store?

I have a couple (21 & 23#) on the way and I am looking for any personal experience with these.

·
"ah-lay-mahn"
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

I am not very impressed with the machining of these units, but as long as they perform properly, then I won't really be able to complain about them.

Glock Store did get them to me in a reasonable time frame so I'll take that as a positive.

Now I just need to get some smoke in the air and see how they are going to hold up.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
do they reduce recoil by adding weight???...

Bill

·
"ah-lay-mahn"
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Bill, the claim is just that. The extra weight is supposed to help counter the muzzle flip, but I put them on the scale, and the stock rsa is around 1/2 an ounce where the tungsten is around 1 1/2 ounce. Or I can say that the stock rsa is 15 grams and the tungsten is 40 grams. Not a very big difference IMO.

I needed to buy some stronger rsa's to shoot high power ammo and I had a choice of a stainless captured or the tungsten, and I figured since I was spending money on something other than food and rent that I might as well spend a little more.

·
"ah-lay-mahn"
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you decide to buy any of these tungsten rsa's I suggest getting a metal scribe and marking the weight rating on the base because the paint comes right off.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
good info to know...thanks...

Bill

·
"ah-lay-mahn"
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tungsten rsa's didn't break on me and I shot one box of UW 10mm 200gr tmj with both the 21 & 23 #. I also shot 20 rounds of .460 Rowland with them, I know that is not a high round count but it is a powerful round. Hopefully I will get a high round count with them.

I emailed The glock store about the expected round count on the springs and was told that I had to call in with that question, go figure...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts