g27 stock sights off? What to do?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MarccraM, Mar 23, 2010.

1. MarccraM

MarccraM

I tried searching first but cant seem to come up with anything...

My g27 sights seem to be off.. If I want to be target accurate, I have to basically aim "off to the right" of everything...

Can anyone point me in the right direction about an adjustment?

Or I guess I could just aim off to the right! :rofl:

2. tango44

tango44

My recommendation will be to remove originals and install Meprolight night sights or Glock night sights which are almost the same.
    This sets will make you deadly accurate with a Sub.

3. ArmyCop

ArmyCop

If hitting left of POA - bump rear sight left.

4. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

I think if your shooting left, you want to bump the sights over to the right. Correct?? You can use a Glock Sight Pushed, Or the most primitive way is with a Wooden dowel and a hammer. Place the dowel against the rear sight and give it a few taps . DO NOT do this if you have night sights.. I am sure This method will be shunned by members of GT but it works
    1SG
    Out

5. Zertek

Zertek

Wrong........
    If shooting to the left move rear sight to the right.......

its also best to use a sight pusher

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  6. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

Or go gangsta grip, though then you will be shooting high or low.:supergrin:
    [​IMG]
    Exactly.

7. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

It could be a grip problem such as milking. Have you verified that your pistol is off by having another shooter check it out? I'm always hesitant to start making adjustments until I'm 100% sure that it's the gun & not the shooter.

8. MarccraM

MarccraM

You may be right... I probably should have someone else shoot it..

Though I have a laserguard that was set well and it seems to hit basically dead on when I use it... However when I practice at the range I have had the laser off because I want to be proficient with my iron (or in this case plastic) sights :)

At least I get the gist of what to do from these answers.. I should technically move the sight ever so slightly right... That is a great help!

Thanks!

9. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

How far to the left are you shooting?

10. MarccraM

MarccraM

Not too much... ummm at like 15 feet about 4-6 inches? But its really pronounced when I am to the right... Lets say I aim at like 3-4 inches "distinctly" off to the "right" of the target bullseye.. assuming I get off a good shot.. its dead on...

And I tried it over and over again, and my accuracy is great.. only if I am aiming off to the right. :shocked:

Was shooting blazer 180gr and speer gold dot 165gr.. basically the same result (although the speer seemed "better" for some reason?)

11. bentbiker

bentbiker

Actually, that is quite a bit for 15 ft. You would have to move your rear sight 1/6 inch to the right to counteract that. Hardly any chance in my mind that the sights could be off that far. And almost all shooters new to Glocks shoot to the left. Try using your laser in dry firing and watch what happens when the trigger breaks. I'll bet it bounces to the left. If that doesn't work, try having somebody insert one or two dummy rounds in a mag, and again watch what happens to the laser dot when you hit the dummy round. I'll bet that if you aim with your iron sights now, with the laser on, you find that the laser dot is actually 4-6 inches right of the target -- you've added that much allowance when you sighted in the laser.

One thing that made the biggest difference for me was making sure that the majority of squeezing is done by my weak (left) hand and my strong hand and trigger finger are concentrating on pushing the trigger straight back. Most people recommend 60-70% of gripping be done by the weak hand. Lightening up the Glock trigger a bit also helped a lot.

Finally, if your gun's main purpose is for SD, I'd recommend that the majority of your practice be done with the laser, if that is the way you will use it if needed. Practice with it the way you plan to use it in time of need.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  12. HK Dan

HK Dan

Yep--right on. And give it about 1/8" more trigger finger. You're likely pushing the gun when you press the trigger. The edge of the trigger should be almost touching the crease of the first joint of your finger.

Part two--don't slap it. Concentrate on pressing the trigger straight back in a brisk, smooth motion. Leave your focus (eye focus) on the front sight as the shot breaks and watch what the sights do in recoil; finally, press the trigger to the rear and keep it there until you put the sights backon target in follow through, then reset and go again.

That lil exercise should help your trigger control.

Dan

13. Armed-N-Ready

Armed-N-Ready Glock Clone

Yikes! It's the dreaded gangsta sideways L formation!

14. Armed-N-Ready

Armed-N-Ready Glock Clone

To shoot to the right, move the rear sight to the right...

15. MarccraM

MarccraM

Many thanks to all here. Just awesome advice from you guys.

I'll give it a go.. You're all probably right and the sights are fine.. I'm just getting used to this g27. Its definately a challenge... My g30 and mp9c are a breeze compared to this.. However I really want to be great super good with the g27 as I want it to be my edc.

I'll keep my eye on that laser and see if its jumping left :supergrin:

If not, there's a really good guy whose an NRA instructor who gives lessons... Maybe I can use one or two and have someone watch closely :)

16. timbob

timbob

Shoot from a bench rest position. If you're still hitting off to the left from rest, as others have said, bump your rear sight to the right.

A little bit of basic pistol instruction is a great idea if you feel you would benefit from it. You can never have too much training or practice with your sidearm.

17. cmcinc

cmcinc

The G27 is a great Glock and my EDC. Like others have said, let someone else try it out before moving the sights. Good luck.

18. thegreendevil76

thegreendevil76

I second having someone else (or a couple of people) shoot the gun. That will let you know whether to fix the sights or fix your grip/trigger pull...either way it is a pretty easy fix once properly diagnosed. Good luck!

19. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member