Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What fmj ammo seems to have the least amount of recoil?
Also what JHP ammo has the least amount of recoil?

This sub club is not doing to good.There are barely any threads in here and hopefully we can bring it to life.I know there are alot of people here with subs and I figured there would be alot of posts.

I am asking these questions because I am gonna be getting a od g27 around the 4th of july.Hopefully someone answers my questions (LOL)

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
For FMJ ammo with the lowest recoil, 165gr. WWB.
The most recoil in my opinion would be Fiocchi 180gr.(makes my hand sore)
For HP, I like the 165 Gr. Ranger T-series. Low recoil and very accurate.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you tihnk the lower the grain the lighter the recoil huh?

What about the corbon powrball in 135grain? Those have got to be screaming out of that short barrel.

·
ERAU Alumni '05
1,404 Posts
I found no differences in recoil in FMJ ammo. However, I found that the 180gr Federal HST felt smoother than the Speer Gold Dot 180gr.

·
Registered
489 Posts
In my experience the 180 grain ammo is usually less harsh on recoil than the lighter bullets. Feels more like the push of the .45 than the snap like a .357. For me, the 180 gr Federal is the easiest Hollow Point round to shoot well. Your mileage may vary.

Tyger

·
Springy Member
1,010 Posts
I'm using 180 grain GDHPs. I'm using the regular stuff that came in 50 round boxes, not the more expensive short barrel "SB" stuff that you can only find in really expensive 20 round boxes. Of course it's all pretty expensive now.

A lot of guys say with the 27, better to use lighter bullets than this to get higher velocity. They think 180 grain is too slow from 3.5 inch barrel for adequate penetration. I think any decent .40S&W HP can get the job done if you do your part.

·
Okie 4 Life
161 Posts
I seem to be happy with the cheap *if ya wanna call it that* WWB stuff in 165 gr. FMJ. And seem to be stuck between the 165 gr. and 155 gr. gold dot Double Tap Ammunition for carry.

·
Registered
748 Posts
In my own very non scientific tests, I feel the 165 shot as well as the 180 for controlability. The lighter bullets seemed to be sharper in felt recoil.
As for groups, the gold dot 165 shot best, and had no hold over to my max range of 50 yards.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Recoil in a 40 is what its all about. The majority of the ammo I shoot is WWB 165. When I get the 180's, I notice no difference.

I tricked the wife though. SHe says the 180's are way to powerful for her, so she only want to shoot 165's. I gave her a box of 165's, but had replaced the bullets with 180's. After she shot the box, I told her what I had done. Her comment was, I guess its a head thing then right? Yep.

I do load CorBon 135 HP as my carry round in the 27. I do it because I prefer a faster bullet not for reduced recoil. With 135's there is probably more flip than with the FMJ rounds we shoot. But that is just opinion not ballistically proven.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How much recoil snap does the glock 27 have? People tell me that the 40S&W has to much snap for their taste. Please give me some feed back on this.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
How much recoil snap does the glock 27 have? People tell me that the 40S&W has to much snap for their taste. Please give me some feed back on this.
Its not bad at all. Its more muzzle flip then a push feel in the 27 compaired to .45. After a few boxes it's very controllable for follow up shots.

·
Gaff G26 User!
2,392 Posts
.....I found that the 180gr Federal HST felt smoother than the Speer Gold Dot 180gr.
Same experience here. I'm one of those that just don't really like the G27...and probably not so much the gun but the ammo. I have found the Federal180gr. HST to be much lighter recoil and less noisier than the Federal or Remington 155gr. JHP I've been using. Way to much recoil for good accurate follow up shots for some folks.

IF (big IF) I was to carry a G27 on a daily basis, I would go with the Federal 180gr HST.

JM2C, HR

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am planning on buying a G27.

What is the BEST self defense .40 Cal ammo to use IN THIS PARTICULAR GUN.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is the recoil any different in the 27 than the 23?

I feel very confortable with the 23, I shoot it better than a 19.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Is the recoil any different in the 27 than the 23?

I feel very confortable with the 23, I shoot it better than a 19.
As has been covered many times, recoil is a very subjective thing.

I feel that the recoil of the 27 is easier to handle than that of the 23. This may seem backward to many people, but the weight of the guns is really very close and to me the dual recoil spring just changes the feel of the recoil enough that I can tell a difference.

As long as I am not shooting l35-155gr hot ammo, I shoot either just fine however.

As stated above, the 180 grain are my personal favorite out of the 27.

Tyger

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks Tyger,

Yeah I have read lots of posts on the 27 being "snappy." I am going to rent one and judge for myself.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thanks Tyger,

Yeah I have read lots of posts on the 27 being "snappy." I am going to rent one and judge for myself.
Well, in comparison to the 26 with plinking loads, the 27 with lower weight bullets defiantly has more recoil. It's all a matter of what you are comfortable shooting.

I will admit to being recoil sensitive and yet I like the 27 very, very much.

good luck trying one out. I am sure there is a GTer in your area that would let you try one out for free as well!

Tyger

1 - 18 of 18 Posts