Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Input device Peripheral Gadget Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory
What I have tried and not really liking IWB holsters do thy make a owb holster that sits kinda high to throw something over to conceal now my state is open or concealed don’t really won’t to open carry but iwb is not really working for me being a bigger guy any Suggestions

·
Registered
835 Posts
Tenicor OWB is your solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I don’t like kydex much. For leather OWB I use:
Milt Sparks Axiom
Wright Leather Predator
Galco Combat Master
Kramer Belt Scabbard

All are excellent OWB holsters. They are comfortable and will last for decades if properly cared for. I have carried daily for 30 years, both on duty and off, and have never really used IWB. That’s just a personal preference thing with me, I have nothing at all against it. The above listed holsters will all serve well.

·
MacGyver
8,220 Posts
Holsters are like shoes...what fits someone else perfectly, will not fit you in one way or another. Trendy does not mean functional nor comfortable.

Having only 2 holsters in the stable is a joke...Buy and sell until you find ones that work.

Trial and error. Never having been to an actual training class using that style of carry also makes the holster useless- since you have never tested out how well that holster works under near real life conditions, except in front of a mirror.

·
Venor ergo sum
Let’s go Brandon!
5,021 Posts
I use the following for my G27.3 EDC:

Bravo Concealment Torsion
Glock Sport/Combat
Bravo Concealment OWB
Mitch Rosen Express in cordovan
White Hat Holsters IWB horsehide

That's in order of most used to least used. The more I use that Sport/Combat holster the more I like it. Comfortable and inexpensive, MidwayUSA has them on sale right now for $10.99!

·
MacGyver
8,220 Posts
Fits in my pocket. . .with no problem at all.
Front or rear pocket?
How do you keep the gun from going upside down or sideways in your pocket?
If someone else is shooting at you, or attacking you with fists or knives, how fast do you think you can pull an upside down gun out of your pocket while crouching behind cover, or moving?
How do you keep your finger out of the trigger hole when scared for your life, and shooting your privates as you are drawing?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Front or rear pocket?
How do you keep the gun from going upside down or sideways in your pocket?
If someone else is shooting at you, or attacking you with fists or knives, how fast do you think you can pull an upside down gun out of your pocket while crouching behind cover, or moving?
How do you keep your finger out of the trigger hole when scared for your life, and shooting your privates as you are drawing?
My pockets are tight enough that it stays and doesn't move a significantly as you might think.

If someone gets the first well placed shot, attacking me with fists or knives, defending from that assault with my hand skills will be the first priority until I'm able to reach for me weapon. Remember the never draw on a drawn gun? Kinda dumb. The thought is to not let them know I have one <hence - concealed>. If they have gotten that first shot off, how'd I missed that? Would having an undrawn gun have helped me? I think not.

Train as you fight; fight as you train. I've been scared for my life. Repetitive drawing of my weapon has shown my finger doesn't go inside the trigger well.

That's just me. I do practice. Regularly.

·
MacGyver
8,220 Posts
That's just me. I do practice. Regularly.
Not everyone does.

I've never owned a pair a paints where the gun does not go sideways. You must have special pants. I can't pull a quarter fast enough out of my pockets to free an Aldi cart, so my training is not as good as yours and need a holster.

Reactions: Spec62

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here are 2 i use For a 27 2.5 and 33 3. Top a pancake by hill country leather. Comfortable, high riding. Bottom an askins/adkins style (belt slot aft of the holster tunnel loop in the back) to hold grip close to body. Defunct Rafter S, 25 years old. Top pic is the rafter s with a 33 on the belt . Hill country belt
Outerwear Shoulder White Blue Black
Font Wood Personal protective equipment Glove Revolver

1 - 13 of 13 Posts