close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G27 factory "11 round" magazines

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glocking J, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Glocking J

Glocking J

Love my G27 as my carry pistol and my wife her G26. I've always been disappointed in the inability to have the advertised 11 rounds in my factory "+" magazines and for her to have the advertised 12 round capacity in her factory "+" mags. Sure, I have 11 with one in the chamber, but it's the expectation thing that comes with truth in advertising from a respected manufacturer like Glock. I know that somewhere there is a post on this but haven't found it recently so I'm asking for some help. I'm prepared to change the followers on all of our magazines (12 each) to get the additional 11th or 12th rounds respectively into the mags if you guys can offer direction on which ones to purchase if that is in fact the solution.

2. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

link or quoted ad?

3. Glocking J

Glocking J

Sorry--do mean replying with a link or finding the link/qouted ad? I'll skip both if I can get some expert feedback with a post here.

4. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

I have two factory 11 round mags for my G27 and both load to 11+1 without issue. Are you saying that you can't get 11 in your mags?

5. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Why do you think you need that extra round so badly? On the advertising note- there isn't any, but they do have "plus 2" bases that only add one round. A while back when I called glock to order a slew of magazines for my agency, they asked if I wanted them with plus 2 bases. I asked what the heck that was, and they said they really added one round (in a .40). All we use are standard, and all my personal mags are standard. The "plus 2's" Might add two in 9mm. Don't know. Don't see the need.

6. Glocking J

Glocking J

I am. They only load 10 rounds.

7. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

How long have you had them? Try keeping them loaded to 10 rounds for a week, then unload and try reloading to 11. Alternately, if you're doing range time, load them to 10 fire and repeat. They just might need some breaking in.

8. Glocking J

Glocking J

I don't need it all that badly to be sure as 10+1 should be enough with the additional mag I carry, but I always will look for more. As I said, I chose to purchase the +2 mags last year with the intent of being able to load 11 rounds and I've heard/seen discussion on the issue. I'd like to find a solution if one exists.

9. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

I was wondering if you were refering to a Glock ad that said the mags held 11 and 12 rounds or if it was an aftermarket company or a firearm supply store.

The "+" bottoms on my 26 and 27 mags add 2 in 9 mm and one in 40 cal. I don't have any "+" on any 40 cal other than my 27, so I can't say whether my 23 mags would hold 15 rounds.

10. Glocking J

Glocking J

Thanks for the clarification. It has been several supply stores and therein may lie the problem. I have to correct my post--I checked and I only have a problem on two of the G26 + mags. The others did load 12 so I will be dissasembleing thsos etonight and checking springs/followers. I use standard 15 round magaazines on my 22.

11. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

My Glock stock plus two parts #7151 add two to my G-26 9mm mags, and only one extra to the .40 G-27 mag.

12. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

I have 6 OEM G27 mags and they all hold 11+1.

DH

13. mymini40

mymini40

mine too.

14. fastbolt

fastbolt

I have to consider myself one of those folks who just don't see the need to try get that extra round or two.

The factory 11-rd mags can't be sold in CA except to LE since Glock states they hold more than 10 rounds. The Glock tech data for the G27 still shows the mag capacity as holding 9 rounds standard with optional mag capacities of 11/13/15/17 rounds. http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm (Go to the Models and check the tech data tab for the G27.)

I picked up a couple of the factory "11 rd" LE mags back several years ago. I'd been using the 9-rd stock mags and wanted to pick up a couple more standard mags one day but they were out of them at the local cop shop. They only had the 11-rd "LE" marked .40 mags. Since they were only a couple of bucks more and I didn't want to have wasted the time and the drive to the shop, I picked up a couple of them.

I had some last round feeding issues with both of them and I didn't like trying to stuff that 11th round in them. I carried them with 10 rounds for a while until the springs relaxed enough to consistently accept 11 rounds. Even then, however, I didn't like how it felt to stuff that last round in the mag and carried them with 10 rounds. I finally decided to put them aside as range mags and went back to buying only 9-rd mags.

I never even bothered to try any of the G26 "12-rd" mags and have always used the stock configuration 10-rd G26 mags.

If I want to carry a little .40 with a 10-rd mag I take my M&P 40c out of the safe. ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  15. tango44

tango44

Sorry mate but I don't quite get you, but in order to help here's my advice.
    G26 and G27 12 and 11 rounders are stock mags comes with a 9 coil spring and Glock 7151+.
    You just need to add the Glock 7151 + factory extension to your stock mags in order to get +2 rounds on both mags.
    This way you will the +2 rounds that Glock offers, simple as that.
    No need of follower or spring change.

Here it is:
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=536

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  16. mymini40

mymini40

Heres what I did with my G27. I got the newer +2 floor plates. Yes it will add 2 more to the .40 . I then swapped the old springs from my G22 mags which is longer compared to the G27 mags ( of course) It works perfectly. No feed probs and I now have 11 rds + 1 compared to the factory 9 rds + 1.

17. mteagle1

mteagle1

The 2010 Glock Annual list the G26 as 10/12 rd and the G27 as 9/11 rd while this would imply the use of a +2 extension, the best I can get in my 27 is 10 rds. The problem I am having is that it stovepipes the 1st shot if I shot 10+1 with each of the 4 mags I have. The mags are loaded with an UPLULA and it is a major jeffort to get 10 rds in and then a major slam job to get the mag to stay in the gun. If I just put the mag in the gun then it is an major effort to pull back the slide.

18. heliguy

heliguy

You should care...The one thing you don't want to forget in a gunfight is more ammo than you think you don't need...

19. DFin

DFin

All of my 11 round G-27 mags (9 rnd mags with the Glock + extension) were initially difficult to load 11 rounds into. I let them sit with 10 for less than a week and then I was able to get the 11th round in. I can load 11 fairly easily now and I did not change the springs.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  20. Glocking J

Glocking J

+1 on that!!