close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G27 ejector change to G26 ejector

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by banff, Jan 5, 2010.

1. banff

banff

Tried a search on this but get mainly G27 conversion replies to 9mm.

I have the G27 with the pinky mag extension and it works fine except the ejected cases come flying back to my right ear. You can see where the cases have scratched the slide.

This happens with the 40 sw (and 9mm when I use a Storm Lake conversion barrel).

I see that the 9mm ejector for the G26 has a "right" bend to it. My question is: Can the G26 ejector work in the G27 shooting 40 sw? Will this change the angle to the ejected rounds?

I have the the G26 ejector and G26 extractor on hand, and for a while thought about just changing the two and using the conversion barrel, but I really like shooting the 40 sw.

Had anyone tried the G26 ejector in the G27, and is there any safety reason for not doing so? (Would like to use the extractor as is because it works ok for both 40 sw and 9mm rounds.)

Any thoughts would be appreciated. New to Glocks. Hope my concern/questions are not too confusing. Thanks.

2. Convert

Convert Glocks 'n Sigs

The 9mm ejector is angled to compensate for the smaller overall case diameter of the 9mm compared to the .40 cartridge. Changing the ejector without changing calibers will put the ejector dangerously close to the primer, and will more than likely result in a malfunction.

If you don't like the way the empties are ejecting, get a different weight recoil spring. The ejector is not the source of your problem.

ETA:

Welcome to GlockTalk!

3. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

There are a couple of different 40 S&W ejectors. The early design is short. The later design is the same as the 357 Sig ejector and is longer to help with the higher slide speed. It's really not needed for function but ejection pattern. If you have an extra one that is a long one you could shorten it. The short one has the face angled back at the top.

4. tango44

tango44

+1 on this one, be careful, .40 live rounds can blow up in your hands when you eject live ammo using a 9mm ejector, just don't do it!

5. banff

banff

Appreciate the input. Wanted to be on the safe side, and so the questions. Looks like there's a new G26 in the future for me.