close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G27 "E" series recall...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bcj128, Feb 5, 2010.

1. bcj128

bcj128

Has anyone out there had to send their Glock back after the "E" series recall. I am working with my Captain, whose gun (G27) is one that needs to go back (apparently he was never aware of the recall...). In the midst of this, he wants to sell the G27 to another officer, who obviously wants it AFTER the recall.

How long did it take for the recall, and did you then have a Glock with different serial numbers on the frame and slide.

2. SCC

SCC just me

you can do it two way's

3. mongo356

mongo356

I did the recall work for some of my officer owned guns. I called them and told them I was LE and they took some information. they then sent the frame out first to the dept. IRRC it took about a week or two. They sent the frame and you simply took your frame off and slide the new one on. Make sure you send the old frame back.

The serial number was the same with a 1 added.

Very painless process as I recall. Not sure if thats how they still handle it or not now it's been several years. I would suggest calling them. BTW they will re-call it no matter who owns it the captain or other officer process shoould be the same.

4. La26

La26

Sorry to rehash, but what was the recall concerning with the Glock. I tried a search for Glock 27 e series recall, but got no reply.

5. mongo356

mongo356

Glock had a re-call several years ago where IRRC some of the rear frame rails may have been installed or formed incorrectly. They could break off, only a small few ever did but Glock offered a complete frame upgrade on most of the "E" prefix guns ex: (ESW-555)

6. La26

La26

Thanks mongo356

7. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

Can you take pictures of the frame rails? Especially the rear frame rails from behind with the slide removed, showing the bends in the rails from vertical to horizontal. The weak frame rails are suppose to have a sharper bend than the good rails. Glock used better steel to make the rails smaller (shorter from back to front) but also tried to save money in the way the rails were formed. If they had only made the steel change and the proper forming of the rails the shorter rails would have been strong enough. they did this to save money by making smaller rails of better steel but they also tried to save money in the forming process and this is what caused rails to be weaker than required.