G27 & Accesories - Report & Review

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by seattleG27, Nov 6, 2010.

1. seattleG27

seattleG27

So after waiting 10 days, I was finally able to take delivery of my brand new Glock 27. (during the 10 day waiting period, I also applied for my ccw permit)

I am a first time gun owner and this was my first time shooting a gun.

500 rounds shot and no problems at all!

Peltor s7 and ear pugs are fantastic (amazon.com)
    Milt sparks summer special IWB holster is awesome (brownells...no wait)
    A&G quick ship belt great, but ordered a little to small on accident and they don't take returns for wrong sizes ordered! Other than that phenomenal customer service, he called me to make sure that my order was correct because I called him to ask a question and he recommended a 7 hole belt, but I wanted it quick and that wasn't available on a quick ship.
    Break free CLP good stuff (my work)
    Winchester white box (my work)
    I also order two factory mags from manventure.com

I can't wait for my next range trip.

Questions:
    I'm right handed, is it better to aim with my right eye or left?
    Is break free CLP enough or do I need to get greese?
    How far should I put my targets for practice?
    Is it ok to leave my magazines full if not, for how long?
    Have any of you added the spring laser system? Do you like it? Is it accurate?

By the way, thanks for all your posts and comments, many months of just reading your questions, answers, and comments educated me with my purchase and also solidified my decision to decide to become a hand gun owner with a CCW permit.

Thanks again,

SeattleG27

2. MarkCO

MarkCO Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator CLM Millennium Member

3. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

To try and answer your questions :
    Whatever is your dominate eye (usually right) is the eye you should use your sights with.
    CLP should be enough, you don't need grease.
    I usually start out at 3 yards and work my way back to 25 yards.
    It should be ok to leave your mags loaded. I haven't had any issues with the springs from keeping them loaded. They get wear and tear from feeding rounds, tension on and off the spring.
    Don't know anything about the recoil spring lasers. If you want a laser sight, I would go with Crimson Trace grips.

4. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

You should use both eyes open to shoot. You'll have to learn this.

CLP is ok, but heed the advise of lube points in the manual. Glocks do not need much lube. So I also would dump the clp & use a gun cleaner & gun lube. I have used hoppes, & Tetra gun lubricant.

Your new, start out close, less then 5 feet. Once you get the feel of the gun & your shooting improves move out another 5 feet. Most SD shootings happen in less then 10 feet by FBI statistics. Keep that in mind.

Mags full is fine. For any gun. Springs wear from use, not from being compressed.

I'd not use a laser. Learn to shoot 1st. Then if you want to get a laser down the road go ahead. I think they are useless IMHO.

Also get these floor plates for your mags. They really help control the G27 & help to draw it as well. I was a 1st time shooter & a G27 was my 1st SD carry gun as well. These thing helped me a lot.
    http://concealablecontrol.com/
    And lastly, get some training from a professional. Don't try to learn only on your own. Some formal instruction should help you. Teach things like stance, trigger control, sight picture, & just someone to point out things that your doing wrong helps a great deal.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  5. WyldcatGirl

WyldcatGirl

Welcome! You'll love your new gun, it's a fantastic one for a CCW.

6. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Hi
    And welcome to GT, this forum is LOADED with a ton of info and people who can answer just about any question you have.

I had a G27 traded for a 22 now buying another 27. The one i had was dead on a great little shooter. It is suggested that you should shoot with both eyes open. This gives you a better peripheral vision in the event you need to use your weapon. That is somewhat difficult and will take a little time to master. I am a right handed shooter but left eye dominant, this may be your problem as well. all my glocks are stock with the exception of night sights. Keeping loaded mags is not an issue, and break free is a good lubricant and cleaner. Good luck with your new weapon, you made a great choice and it will serve you well.
    1SG
    Out

7. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Congrats on your 27.

8. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Congrats on your new pistol! :supergrin:
    CLP is okay but lube very lightly per the manual.
    Mags can be left loaded for a long, long time from my exprience.
    I myself would not use a recoil/laser recoil assembly because of price and possible chance of damage but I have not owned one so take it for what it is.
    Practice at closer ranges (7,10,12 yards) until you get good then add about 5 or so yards to get to the next level. I like to shoot at different yardages when I go to the range.
    Have fun and be safe and congrats on applying for your CCW permit. :supergrin:

9. Hairy

Hairy

Put both arms out in front of you, palms facing out. Now place one hand over the other so as to form a little triangle with your thumbs at the bottom of your hands. Now sight through this triangle on an object in your yard or wherever and slowly bring your arms towards you, keeping both eyes open. Keep coming back staying on your target until you touch your nose with the back of your hands. You will end up on your dominant eye side! Simple!
    I shoot right---Left eye dominant....practice it will all work out in time! Good Luck nice little piece.

10. den888

den888

Congrats on the G27 !

11. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

Seattle- I have a LaserMax guide rod laser and it's great for my nightstand piece - but likely the last thing you really need right now. They are expensive and I believe have limited value for the average shooter's needs.

Three hundred dollars in ammo will go a long way to improving your skills but get help with your dominant eye, your grip, your stance, etc.

12. robertwh

robertwh

Congratulations! I shot mine for the first time today. I am happy for you! You own a dandy!:thumbsup: