Glock Talk banner

G27.4 incoming!

1321 Views 19 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  GlockMan40SW
Following up on thread: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578877

I found a G27.4 in stock at the LEO supply place I have purchased from before. So there is a paid for Blue Label G27.4 waiting for my paperwork to arrive, to ship. I will give the new G27 a thorough run, to prove reliability, and then I have to find a new home for my G27.3. I have two sons, and a couple of nephews that may vying for a really good G27.3. Just out of curiosity, what would be a fair price, to relatives, for a G27.3, with a good clean finish? This one has the durable Glock Gen 3 finish, has seen very little holster wear, and maybe has 1000 rounds down it. I don't recall ever having a malfunction with this pistol, it does have a "-" connector, and a 25 cent trigger job polish. I think I will take it to the next GSSF match, and have it gone through by the Glock guys, just to spruce up any parts wear, and to get the RSA replaced.

Squeeze
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
6,834 Posts
...it does have a "-" connector, and a 25 cent trigger job polish. I think I will take it to the next GSSF match, and have it gone through by the Glock guys, just to spruce up any parts wear, and to get the RSA replaced.
Get the armorer to replace the trigger with trigger bar and trigger mechanism housing with the latest improved Gen3 versions that have been re-designed to reduce stress on the coil trigger spring hooks (just like the Gen4 versions were). Then have a new coil trigger spring installed as well.

Have the MINUS connector replaced with the standard UNMARKED connector unless the pistol will be only a range toy.

These replacements will coincidentally correct the damage that the "trigger job" polishing caused to the old parts.

If the old RSA has endured only 1000 rounds, a new RSA is not needed unless it is earlier than the current version, marked 0-8-1 (and maybe not even then).

Ask $300 from family...$350 from friends.

· Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the new Glock. My gen4 27 is one of my favorite handguns. I hope you shoot the new one more than you did the old one though! ;)
I have 6 Glocks, two that I compete with, which get most of my love, and four for different SD roles, which get about 50-100 rounds a month for practice. The G27 and the G23 get shot the least, and I am not sure why. I should fix that. :supergrin:

Squeeze

· Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These replacements will coincidentally correct the damage that the "trigger job" polishing caused to the old parts.
What? Then I would just have to polish all of those new parts. :supergrin:

With all due respect, you sound like a snob hating on the "-" connector. I have a fair amount of training and experience with firearm mechanics, and know what I like in my triggers. Having gone into harms way, with weapons in hand, I would not do anything I believed would detract from the reliability of said weapon. Now where is my Dremel tool?:rofl:

You might want to consider lightening up a bit, but in re-reading my post, I can see where I opened myself up for a lecture from the Glock police. :upeyes:

Squeeze

· Registered
288 Posts
What? Then I would just have to polish all of those new parts. :supergrin:

With all due respect, you sound like a snob hating on the "-" connector. I have a fair amount of training and experience with firearm mechanics, and know what I like in my triggers. Having gone into harms way, with weapons in hand, I would not do anything I believed would detract from the reliability of said weapon. Now where is my Dremel tool?:rofl:

You might want to consider lightening up a bit, but in re-reading my post, I can see where I opened myself up for a lecture from the Glock police. :upeyes:

Squeeze

Having also gone into harm's way with my GLock, check out my avatar, you might get a kick out of it. lol

· Registered
2,778 Posts
Congrats on your incoming g27, I have gen4 g27 and love it when I went back home to N.C. a few months ago it went with me.

· Registered
276 Posts
Following up on thread: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578877

I found a G27.4 in stock at the LEO supply place I have purchased from before. So there is a paid for Blue Label G27.4 waiting for my paperwork to arrive, to ship. I will give the new G27 a thorough run, to prove reliability, and then I have to find a new home for my G27.3. I have two sons, and a couple of nephews that may vying for a really good G27.3. Just out of curiosity, what would be a fair price, to relatives, for a G27.3, with a good clean finish? This one has the durable Glock Gen 3 finish, has seen very little holster wear, and maybe has 1000 rounds down it. I don't recall ever having a malfunction with this pistol, it does have a "-" connector, and a 25 cent trigger job polish. I think I will take it to the next GSSF match, and have it gone through by the Glock guys, just to spruce up any parts wear, and to get the RSA replaced.

Squeeze
If this is going to be a concealed carry gun...hand on to the Gen 3 for a while before you decide to send it down the road.
The Gen 4 will rub a strawberry right quickly if you IWB and have an "overhanging physique."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.