Glock Talk banner

G26 vs G43

7313 63
I have both, shot both, like both, need both. The G43 is a little lighter and of course thinner. I need a gun like that.
The G26 fits my hand better, the trigger reach is a bit longer, lighter trigger pull, better shooting, higher capacity, a little heavier and wider, great shooter.
Bottom line.
The G26 IMO is overall the better gun, if I could only have one pistol, this would be it.
The G43 is a good pistol and better if/when a lighter thinner pistol is needed.
What do you think?
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
1,055 Posts
The G26 fits my hand better,... higher capacity, ...

What do you think?
The G26 can take 15, 17, and 32 round magazines.

I only held a G43 in the gun store. It felt like it wanted to fall out of my hands. In California, we can't have one.

Reactions: Mister X

· Banned
5,193 Posts
I like my G27, which I've carried on and off in an ankle holster. I like the G43 under a tee shirt, especially tucked. It's quite light and comfortable. I'm wearing it now, in fact. I may pick up a G26 at some point, but if I need to bump up capacity that much, I may as well carry a G19.

Presently on the road, It's the G30 most of the time, and the new G43 as a light tuckable.

· Registered
4,375 Posts
I have both, shot both, like both, need both. The G43 is a little lighter and of course thinner. I need a gun like that.
The G26 fits my hand better, the trigger reach is a bit longer, lighter trigger pull, better shooting, higher capacity, a little heavier and wider, great shooter.
Bottom line.
The G26 IMO is overall the better gun, if I could only have one pistol, this would be it.
The G43 is a good pistol and better if/when a lighter thinner pistol is needed.
What do you think?
Well stated and completely agree. As I've stated before, I like my G43 but, I LOVE my G26!

· Registered
264 Posts
I have both having recently purchased the 43 a couple of days ago.

My particular 43 has its kinks: BTF x2 and stovepipe/ftf (my fault) after 200 rds in one range session. I noticed on my (G43) that after that many rounds fired, the plastic pin that holds the trigger safety in the actuall trigger was coming off. Pushed that back in and I'll give it a go with another 200 rds this weekend, actually looking for another trigger assembly altogether so I can replace it. If push comes to shove, I'll send it back to GLOCK to have them look at it.

I won't be getting rid of my the G26 or my 642 that I have currently with me. But when the 43's ironed-out, it will probably do backup to my 26 in the front pocket or 'a trip down the store for milk' gun.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
11,992 Posts
Since I pocket carry the 26, I have no need for smaller, lighter, less capacity. I am sure the void the 43 fills has its place for those that own it, I can only say their seems to be a place for both.

· Banned
353 Posts
Since I pocket carry the 26, I have no need for smaller, lighter, less capacity....
I was right where you are, pocket carried the G-26/27 (hi is that a G-26 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me), liked the capacity, a little heavy/bulky, but very serviceable. But the G-43 made me curious, I needed to know, not simply read the opinion of others, so I bought one, now I own two.

I think if you tried one you'll be amazed--I remember the days when 5 or 6 shots out of a revolver didn't make us feel under-gunned (still aren't)...I do appreciate your comments... :)

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
11,992 Posts
A
Since I pocket carry the 26, I have no need for smaller, lighter, less capacity. I am sure the void the 43 fills has its place for those that own it, I can only say their seems to be a place for both.
Actually I have competed with the 26 and do very well. I can also carry the 30s in pocket if need be, and is my next project to shoot,I really do not have the time for anything else as I reload and need to prepare for Steel Challenge.

· Registered
983 Posts
I just sold my G26 to fund the purchase of a new G43 - which are not yet available locally but I have 3 police Gun Buddies who have G43's and let me shoot them at the range. I have small hands and the G43 simply is a better gun for me.

I thought long and hard about selling the G26 and after a lot of soul searching came to the conclusion that I'd never likely carry the G26 again once I got my G43. Someone got a great LNIB G26 and I have the funds sitting in an envelope for my G43 when the LGS has them. Loved my G26 - I just like the G43 better.

VooDoo

Reactions: glock-fan

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I like the G26 a lot and have said here more than once that I think is about the best of the Glocks. Among other reasons it has a great long term record of reliability. I do wonder if in a few years the G43 will be as popular and have proved to be as reliable and durable.

Reactions: Drastic Plastic
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.