close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G26 vs G19 for IWB carry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Rustin, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Rustin

Rustin

Good day folks. I've been wondering whether or not the 26 would make for a good IWB gun. It seems every (cheapish, but not junk) holster I've tried is set up high enough for a good draw, which is essential, but the pistol doesn't seem to have enough slide inside my belt line to stay stabilized. It feels as if it's going to topple out as it were. I was never too interested with IWB carry up until recently. Are there holster's that take this short slide effect into account an add extra material? I've also heard of people using G19 holsters for the G26 to gain that extra stabilization. Is the G19, due to it's longer slide length, more comfortable in comparable holsters?

2. troysglock

troysglock Member

I rotate those exact models in a CompTac MTAC, slide version. Both feel secure, concealed, and easy to draw.

3. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

I also rotate these exact 2 models! In a Crossbreed Supertuck. I love them both. In the winter I seem to carry the 19 more and this time of the year. More the 26. The 26 fits great in my CB that's made for a 19.

4. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

I carry a 26 in a holster I made styled after the crossbreeds and other hybrid holsters, and I can LITERALLY do a hand stand with it on (I've tried. I use it for IDPA). The 26 isn't going to get any more support from a holster for a 19, if it's already fully molded, your just gonna have a bigger holster, for a smaller gun. I've carried a 17 in this holster, and it feels great. I also use it for my 2011, it fits securely as well.

However, had I known when I bought my glock 26 what I know now, I would have bought a 19. Better grip, full length, better sight radius, all around better gun. It's not a grass is greener kinda thing, I do love my 26 for deep concealment, but I just wish I had a 19. It's on the list.

5. Rustin

Rustin

Well I'm gettin' a G17 at the end of the week so if I had a holster that could accommodate both pistols with ease and comfort I would be pleased.

VDUB, I know what your saying, except for me it is a grass is greener on the other side kind of thing. I just think the G19 is such a great, well rounded pistol. For me, the G26 hides so much better without me having to dress in over sized clothing but I can shoot it just the same. The allure of the 19 however is very strong. It's full grip makes it feel so much better in the hand, more like an actual gun instead of a short brick feel.

6. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

I carry a G27 which is the same frame as a 26 in a Desanti Intruder and have no issues with it moving.

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Get an MTAC holster. Problem solved.

8. russelldehart

russelldehart El Tamalon

Sounds like it might be a belt/holster issue. The difference a good belt and holster can make is immeasurable. Most of the time I carry a G27 in a Desantis Pocket-tuk with a 5.11 belt. Occasionally I carry a G23 in a Blade-tech holster but the smaller G27 is much more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal.

If you want a one size fits most holster for your Glocks the aforementioned MTAC is good as is the Galco King Tuk.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  9. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

I run both in a Galco king tuck, both are very solid while holstered.

10. Adamz04

Adamz04

Agree here. I bought a 5.11 tactical gun belt for 40$ and it made a big difference. Get a holster that is molded kydex for your 26. They hold much better than most leather ones. Previous posters mentioned crossbreed which is good. I like the ones from pjholster.com because they have lest bulk and are a fast on/off holster

11. cptslick

cptslick

12. scosgt

scosgt

You are exactly correct. I use a G19 IWB for the G26/G27. The other thing is that it should ride low, with the grip just above the belt. I know this is not conventional wisdom, but quick draw has to be weighed against concealment and security. I learned to stick my thumb in behind the grip and I can draw just fine.
    I highly recommend the GALCO USA holster line for the G26. BUT order the one for the G19. It is only like 1/4" longer, but it helps a lot. I have both, the G19 model is the one to use.

13. BPStymiest

BPStymiest

I have the G26 and vary it in the Galco King Tuck. Had I known how nice the King Tuck was I never would have bought the Desantis sof-tuk. I like both holsters but love the King Tuck so much more. I also added a plus 3 mag extension which gives me a little more grip.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  14. *Sheepdog*

*Sheepdog*

Throwing my vote in for a Remora holster. Im 6'2", 180lbs, thin build. I currently have a Don Hume OWB, DeSantis Top Cop OWB, White Hat, Crossbreed Supertuck, and 2 Remoras (1 for my G30/G19, and one for my G26). Out of all those, the Remora is the most comfy, and can be adjusted for any depth/cant. For being a clipless design, it stays put no matter what. My other holsters are just collecting dust.

15. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I carry my G19 and G27 in a MTAC and they both carry very easy. The MTAC is a good holster for all day carry.

16. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

I have 2 IWB holsters and they are both outstanding. One is the Galco KingTuck, the other is the Bladetech Razor (G19 model). I have a G26 and a G19 and the two holsters work great for either gun. I would have confidence recommending either holster.

17. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

I carry my G26 daily in a horsehide White Hat. No problems, and my G19 fits in it just fine too.

18. fivestar

fivestar

I used to carry a G19 in an MTAC slide holster. Last year I switched over to a G26 in the same holster. For me, the G26 is far more comfortable to carry.

19. Dreamliner787

Dreamliner787

N8-2 tactical will fits both as well as others guns as well. It's really comfortable the way it's designed.

20. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Here are some ideas for you.

From L-R:

Comp-Tac MTAC slide version
    Comp-Tac Infidel
    Remora 6RT

[​IMG]

The slide version will holster 17/19/26...