Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried to carry a G26 IWB in a Galco Summer Comfort holster. There is nothing "Comfort"able about that darn thing. Reccomend me a good IWB summertime holster for my G26. I camp alot and fish alot, so I usually have my G26 with me. I just dont like to carry OWB at the campground...

Also a good summertime carry belt that wont be hurt if it gets wet. I use a Galco belt for everything else, but I dont wanna get it wet. It also needs to be inexpensive.

·
Registered
14,973 Posts
I carry a G26 daily. Now I much prefer OWB carry, but IWB does conceal much better.

Several years ago I tried the Summer Comfort and did not prefer it. I traded it for a CTAC and was very pleased. The MTAC with a soft leather backing looks even more comfortable, but I have not tried it personally.

Now I carry in a Hume H717 OWB. With a good belt it sits high enough and stays close to the body. It does not vanish under a tshirt or polo, but is very discreet.

I had a good experience with Comptac, and still keep the CTAC around for if I really need it.

·
Viet Nam Vet
663 Posts
I live in NM and I carry a Kimber Pro Carry, G36 and a Walther PPS, all of them in a M-Tac holster. I use a Beltman belt, people have been using leather belts in the woods, jungles and deserts forever and they work. I just did a thread about my experiances with a Wilderness belt, check it out, and see how many who own both web type and leather belts say in it. If you still do want a web type belt, then the Wilderness belts are good for what they are.

Pete

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have several expensive holsters, but have found that I really like this inexpensive holster from Blade-Tech, especially if I'm going to be around water. It's from their Phantom Series:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/TRW217-1.html

It's thin, inexpensive, will not absorb water, allows for adjustable cant, and it stays open when the firearm is removed. The loops are far enough apart to straddle a belt loop on the pants. It's quickly become one of my favorites because it's so simple.

No IWB holster is really "comfortable," but this one comes as close as any.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like the FIST KYDEX CLIP THIN by FIST INC...
The kydex is very thin but sturdy with a 1.5 belt the clip secures to the belt very nice.
The only bad thing is the holster is a little tight when it comes to retention.

·
USN Retired
7,964 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Wilderness belt is what you are looking for.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I've been using a 5.11 nylon belt with the plastic buckle during the summer. I think I only paid $8 for it after shipping off ebay. As for a holster I got a Cobra holster off ebay for about $12. They both work remarkably well. I have no clue who Cobra is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here is the best tip on the G26 and IWB holsters you'll get today :)

Buy a G19 IWB holster for your G26. It will fit just fine, and the extra length of the holster actually adds to the comfort. I have 2 comp-tec IWB holsters, same model, but one is for the G19 the other G26. The G19 holster is FAR more comfortable for me, and I use it to carry my G26 IWB without issue.

·
Formerly1811guy2
3,535 Posts
I use a Blade Tech paddle holster. It has given me over a decade of comfortable carry. I prefer carry OWB, especially when I am camping or outdoors.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I just posted earlier in a thread that I had the same experience as the OP with a Summer Comfort and a G-26. Really did not like it.

CTAC with a 5.11 belt (would do Wilderness if I could have a do-over) gives you the comfort and durability for outdoor use that the OP asked for. No problems with either of them getting wet. This combo conceals well for me and is very comfortable.

As others have stated an MTAC or Crossbreed would probably be more comfy (I haven't tried either of them) but I would think that big slab of leather would get mighty funky if it got wet, and wouldn't likely dry out very quickly.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I scored a NICE Don Hume IWB with the clip for the G26/G27/G33 from a Forum Member here & it works great for deep concealment & costs under $30 @ most places & is Leather with a metal clip.. Here's a couple Pictures of it with my G26..
Don Hume IWB

Glock 26 in Don Hume IWB

·
Loves The Glock
1,101 Posts
HERE:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1256146

I've bought 2 holsters from Tommy, one for my 26 and one for my 642. My friend also has one for his 26 and loves it. Top notch super comfortable and as concealable as you get. $50-60 shipped and less than a week to your doorstep...

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I scored a NICE Don Hume IWB with the clip for the G26/G27/G33 from a Forum Member here & it works great for deep concealment & costs under $30 @ most places & is Leather with a metal clip.. Here's a couple Pictures of it with my G26..
Don Hume IWB

Glock 26 in Don Hume IWB

I love this holster but went the kydex dark side because I like j-hooks and I like the slide to be fully covered rather then touching my skin. :rofl:

I believe I have one of these don hume holsters for the g26 laying around. If interested PM me and I'll look for it and sell it for like $15 shipped.

PS. What position for IWB do you carry? I carry around 12:30-1 (AIWB) so that has been my personal experience. Some of these holsters are designed for certain regions of your waist.

·
Glock Guy
2,142 Posts
All you have to do is remove the question mark and you're good to go, my friend.

Oh, OK I just use a Galco Sto'n'go. Hope you find one for your needs.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts