G26 Problems/Malfunctions Help Please

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1SGMP, Oct 14, 2010.

1. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Hi.
    I have posted this problem that i have been having with my New G26 (march 2010).
    I have approx 1000 rounds thru it, when first bought and shot in March 2010,it functioned flawlessly. I was using WIN white box 115 gr FMJ and Stock Magazines with the glock +2 extensions. My last two Trips to the range i have been expierencing major malfunctions. I have 4 magazines 2 with the Gap enterprises floor plates and 2 with the Pierce +2. Sometimes I can get thru a full 12 round magazine without a malfunction. Sometimes I can get thru a full 10 round mag with out a malfunction.More often than not no matter what mag I use I get a Malfuction. Around round # 6 7 or 8, the round does NOT eject the spent round and another round is being fed causing the jam. I was using all Factory ammo either Speer GDHP 124 +P, Win Ranger 115gr +P+ Win 127 gr +P+ or Corbon 115 gr +P. I recently replaced the extractor cleaned the weapon,nothing seems to work. I love this weapon it dead on Balls accurate and fun to shoot,But I cannot trust this for a EDC. Currently is the safe until i figure out the problem. Every malfunction is the same, Spent round is NOT ejected and it tries to feed a fresh round. I have many glock so limp wristing is not the issue, I do not ride the Slide lock. Does anyone have any suggestions.
    thanks
    1SG

2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Since all 4 mags have aftermarket extensions I would try a stock 10 round mag. Personally I don't like extensions. I think your grip pressing against the mag during recoil can cause problems.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010

3. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

i will try that but the Gap floor plates do not add rounds. and they are basically the same size as the factory floor plates.
    Thanks thought i will still try it

4. zigzagg321

zigzagg321 clever quip

Its not about having additional rounds in the mag, its about the fact that with a GAP floor plate, your pinky is resting on the mag and putting tension on it, and that could be causing your issues.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  5. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

You say the case isn't being ejected.....as in it stays in the chamber? And the next round is then being pushed against it? If it stays in the chamber, it isn't being extracted. It has to be extracted before it can be ejected.

Have you recently altered, replaced, or 'upgraded' anything on the gun other than the floorplates? Had you detail stripped the gun before it started to malfunction?

I'm wondering if the extractor depressor plunger isn't installed backwards.....

6. voyager4520

voyager4520

You said you replaced the extractor. I'm thinking either you reassembled the slide wrong or you have the wrong extractor. If your G26 previously had a non-Loaded Chamber Indicator(LCI) extractor and you replaced it with an LCI extractor, you must also use the new LCI 9mm spring loaded bearing.

If the new extractor looks exactly the same as the one that was in the gun before, it's possible you got the wrong extractor(the companies that sell them can make mistakes too) because the only real way to tell the difference is to measure them, they don't have any real identifying marking. Another possibility is that your extractor is worn or damaged. The extractor can get damaged if you manually insert a round into the chamber then let the slide close over it. Glocks are designed to feed rounds from the magazine only.

If you reassembled the slide incorrectly, here are some videos on detail stripping that show pretty much everything you need to know:
    Glock detail strip 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fExL6MIq4Fc
    Glock detail strip 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgnrRDtfq68
    Glock reassembly 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trpniw70xA4
    Glock reassembly 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBh1zpTbiKs

The detail strip 1 and reassembly 2 videos deal with the slide. One possibility like Butch said is that you inserted the extractor depressor plunger assembly backward or the spring loaded bearing fell off of the extractor depressor plunger spring somewhere in the process. And one more possibility I can think of is that if you took the firing pin safety spring out of the firing pin safety, you didn't "click" the spring back into place in the firing pin safety before reinstalling it.

7. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Jesus this might be it. It came with the LCI extractor, I orderd the NON LCI from Midway because they were out of stock of the LCI. I automatically thought it was the extractor. Dam I did not know each extractor has a spring speficic to it.
    Thanks I will report back my findings
    Alex

8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

maybe not the spring but the plastic bearing,

9. Butch

It's not the spring, it's the bearing that's different.

Why did you replace the extractor? Due to the malfunctions? Or did you replace it prior to the malfunctions?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  10. HK Dan

HK Dan

While you're on Midway, get some +10% springs for your mags. That's not the issue here, but it will help the mags maintain reliability with those extensions on them. For the record, the metal plunger goes toward the extractor when you reinstall.

11. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Hi
    the depressor plunger was in backwards (dum****) could this be the problem also?? if everything else was correct could the depressor plunger placed in backwards cause the malfunction? also the gun came with LCI extractor. i bought a non LCI thinking that was the issue (it was not) so I replaced the original one back in.

12. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

I replaced the extractor thinking it was the problem. I just put the original back in, I also installed the plunger in backwards. Could the extractor being in backwads cause the malfunctions??
    thanks somuch for your help Butch

13. Butch

There's only one way to know for sure, but I believe it could be the problem......go shoot! :)

14. voyager4520

voyager4520

Both of these parts must be used together to work properly in your pistol:
    LCI 9mm extractor and LCI 9mm spring loaded bearing:
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=426&CAT=172
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=456&CAT=175
    There is only one extractor depressor plunger spring, it's the same spring used on all Glock models.

You can't even use the NON-LCI versions in your pistol because the only NON-LCI 9mm extractor is made for 90 degree ejection ports. Only earlier Glocks had the 90 degree ejection port, the G26 came into existence after Glock switched all models over to having the 15 degree ejection port, and because the only 15 degree extractor is the LCI version, you must use the LCI 9mm extractor and LCI 9mm spring loaded bearing in the G26.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  15. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Wow Jesus, thats confusing but i got it, The 26 came with the LCI then after having it malfunction I replaced it with the NON LCI. Now the Original LCI is back in Place. Is it safe to assume when the weapon came from the factory is had the proper LCI 9mm extractor and LCI 9mm spring loaded bearing??
    Thanks again
    Alex

16. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

Why would it come from the factory with the wrong parts? :dunno:

17. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

Not to bust your nuts Top…

Maybe in the process of you troubleshooting you got the bits and pieces mixed up put them in the wrong way and used the wrong pieces as apposed to the pieces you really needed.

It's just a thought. Hopefully the issue has been resolved and the 26 is back in service.

18. jamaicanj

jamaicanj

How about sending it back to glock to have it looked over?

19. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

I have a 26 and it has always worked flawlessly right out of the box.

20. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Top? I havent been called that in a while, Thanks, I assume you are Military of some kind
    I absolutley screwed up, I put the Depressor Plunger in backwards, which was causing the malfunction. I fired over 250 rounds today without a single malfunction.
    Thanks for your help