G26 partial mag release?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sciolist, Oct 28, 2010.

1. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Haven't looked into this much yet. Thought I would ask first.

The issue is that, after I've been carrying my 26 IWB for a while, I can sometimes apply pressure to the base of the mag and hear a faint click as it moves upward. Sounds similar to the sound of the mag disengaging, but much quieter. On subsequent repetitions, the sound is gone.

My first thought was that the mag was partially disengaging from pressure against my body, but I cannot repeat the condition by applying light or skew pressure to the release button - the mag is either fully engaged or fully disengaged when I fiddle with it.

Gun is completely stock, except for a Talon, which is not obstructing anything. The release button is completely clear of the holster (Raven Phantom).

I've never had problems with the mag actually disengaging, or with any sort of feeding problems that one might expect to be related to that.

Anyone else notice this?

2. fastbolt

fastbolt

Have you ever tried to first pull the mag and have it come free at times like this, before pushing it in and hearing the sound?

3. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

No, but will start checking on that.

4. fastbolt

fastbolt

I've sometimes experienced having an occasional holster which appeared to easily clear the mag catch, but would still sometimes engage it when a certain amount of twisting, turning, leaning or especially sitting in a car was involved. I'd not willingly continue to use a holster which created that problem, unless it could be resolved in some manner, or another holster used to replace it.

As a result, however, over the years I developed the habit of occasionally reaching down and tugging on the mag butt to make sure my exposed duty pistols, and even my plainclothes/off-duty pistols, had fully seated and secured magazines. Naturally, it should be done when nobody is in a position to see the movement.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010