close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G26 or G30SF

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by EAGLESFANPHILA, Jan 24, 2010.

1. EAGLESFANPHILA

EAGLESFANPHILA

I only own on 9mm's. However, I like the .45 round and thinking of upping my caliber. Should I stick with the 26 or learn to love the G30SF. Please help me decide. Have any of you gone from the 9 to 45?

2. SCC

SCC just me

I went from .45 to 9mm !!!
    for GSSF ...

3. EAGLESFANPHILA

EAGLESFANPHILA

Although I never feel undermanned with my G26 and Speer Gold Dots, I want to become proficient with the .45 round because I also love the G30SF, and must have one eventually.

4. robertwh

robertwh

I own and carry both. My favorite carry gun and my favorite cartridge for self defense is the .45 ACP. I carry the Glock 36. I also own a 21. I would love to own a 30 as well.

I have no issues with 9mm. I love the cartridge but I simply prefer the bigger calibers for self defense. I have no problem hitting the target at long or short range with any big bore pistol.

I must say that the .40 in the 23 model is a close second to my 36... Very close.

Personally, I think the GAP is a fine cartridge and has some very distinctive advantages. You know, I love just about every Glock out there and every cartridge (auto or DA revolver) from a 9mm to 44 magnum for carry. What ever a person chooses to CC he or she had better be confident and well trained in whatever model or cartridge they choose for protection.

Oh yeah! I love my 26! Does that help?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  5. frankt

frankt

I have both the 9mm's and the .45's. I also prefer the .45 for Defensive carry even though the 9mm with good ammo is fine.
    I carry the G30 OWB most of the time, sometimes IWB and with Big Dot sights it is my favorite and most often carried weapon.
    The G30 is a great shooting gun and actually so is the 26, it really depends on your caliber choice and how you want to carry. The G30 does take a little bit more work to carry but not much.
    Can't really go wrong with either.

6. seamaster

seamaster

I don't know, the 26 is the lightest weight Glock and the 30 is about the size of the 19 but thicker and heavier. If your primary purpose is concealed carry then I'd stay with the 26.

But, since you posted asking about the 30 you are more than likely already mentally getting it and nothing anyone sais is going to stop you. I don't see any reason not to move up the 30, just don't trade off the 26 to get it.

Seamaster

7. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I had the 30 and it is a reliable, accurate soft shooter even with +Ps. I got rid of it and bought a 2nd 26.

8. BigBull 301

BigBull 301

I LOVE my G30SF. Very accurate and a soft recoil even with hot loads.

9. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

10. den888

den888

They are both great Glocks. The G30 is thicker and heavier than a G26 and .45 ACP ammo is more expensive and harder to find than 9mm...