G26 or G30 as next purchase

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Range Rat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Range Rat

Range Rat

Friends,
    I am warming up to the idea of buying a baby Glock. Was resistant as I have big hands but I think I want one now. I mostly use my Glocks for GSSF matches and target practice, and have carried a Sig P232 for SD.
    Anyway, I would get either a G26 or G30. Can anyone give me some pros and cons on these choices?
    Thanks

2. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

I would get the 26 just cause it is smaller, and the 30 being thicker

3. Glock30 Guy

Glock30 Guy XD40

Really depends on what you are looking for. I carry my G30 everywhere and it has proven to be a great gun. No issues and I like 45's. Also have the G27 and that is my back up. Much smaller and easy to place in a super tuck.

4. Zertek

Zertek

I would get the 26, hard to beat the price of 9mm, you'll save a lot of money at the range, actually enough to pay for the 26 using the 9mm over using the .45 and its much easier to conceal.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  5. Glock39Pirate

Glock39Pirate

Get the 26, much more concealable than the 30. Or get a 39, the GAP is better than the ACP.:cool:

6. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

As was said above, the G26 is much smaller than the G30 (I have both). The G30 is much closer in size to the G19 or G23, mid-size GLOCKs than it is to the G26 or G27. In my opinion, they fit different roles in my arsenal in terms of how and where I intend to carry.

7. Legion Etrangere

Legion Etrangere

I also have both. Just shot the G26 for the first time yesterday. Having large hands I installed +0 Pearce mag extentions on the mags. I was suprised at how accurate the little G26 is. It will be my EDC in summer and the G30SF the rest of the year. With a lose shirt I have no problem concealing the G30 and the G26 will be no effort to conceal. I say shoot them both and then decide which one feels better. Width on the G26 is 30mm. The G30 is 32.5mm. Heck,just get them both:supergrin:.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  8. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith NRA and GSSF Life Member

Get the G26 i carry it every day

9. willrwilli

willrwilli

I just sold my G26 in order to buy a G30. For me it was just a matter of wanting to carry .45 instead of 9mm. I switched from .45 to 9mm three years ago and have always wished I still had the bigger bullet. So for me it was a decision based on caliber only. Both are great guns. I am a big guy 6"1" 260 pounds and I have no problem carrying either gun all day.

10. mastrbloata

mastrbloata

Been there, done that. G-26. The 30 is a great piece and the .45 is just dandy. However, the 26 carries much better for me. There's great ammo available for the 9mm. these days.

11. sgtlmj

sgtlmj NRA Life Member Millennium Member

Never buy anything just a few weeks before the Shot Show. See what comes out next.

12. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

I have both the 26 and the 30SF. Keep in mind that there is a 99.9% chance you will never have to use it in SD. That's assuming you are not traveling into dangerous neighborhoods or doing stupid things. That being said, you will be using it almost 100% at the range. G26 hands down.

13. Range Rat

Range Rat

Excellent point!

14. sigcalcatrant

sigcalcatrant

The G30 is the same size as a G19, only thicker, so is more comparable to the G19. If you want smaller than the G19, or G30, get the G26.

15. Range Rat

Range Rat

Hmm, you guys' comments are very helpful and are helping me think this out. I didn't realize how much bigger the G30 was from the G26, thought they were same size, but just spent time on the Glock website studying the specs. I guess I just need to go hold both of them side by side to see which feels better. I like a pistol to fill my hand but concealability is important too. Seems to me that tradeoff here is caliber versus concealability. Thanks to you all for your comments.

16. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

+1--I agree

17. den888

den888

Both are great, you will probably end up getting BOTH one day !

18. Sonnytoo

Sonnytoo

I have both, and the difference is a bunch, any way you look at it. Therefore, I carry the 26.
    Sonnyto

19. engineer88

engineer88

I have a G30 that I love. My only beef with it is that I do not have big paws. I am picking up a G26 Friday to round out my collection. I would recommend for you to take a look at the G36 as well. It is single stack and thinner than both. For myself personally I chose G26 and G30 for size, caliber and the ability to use larger magazines as extra mags.

G26 can use G19, G17 and 33 round mags
    G30 can use G21 and I believe they make a 25 rounder now

Of course you could put +2's on the backup mags.

I like the G36 and am torn on getting one (would be my last Glock, I swear it this time, LOL) or a Colt New Agent or Defender. The 36 is very nice though I must say. With a lasermax guiderod and some night sights it is probably the easiest most simple and rugged .45 on the market today.

Geez, checking back over my post for spelling errors I can see I am being absolutely no use in helping you choose. I am sorry! :upeyes:

20. Captainns10

Captainns10

I love my g30!

A couple weeks ago I got to take my friends g26 to the range and go to town. It is a great gun also. A little less recoil and a great compact gun. I feel like both guns are crazy accurate.

Since u have large hands i deffinately think you would prefer the g30 to the 26. I think my hands are average size and they fit my g30sf perfectly. They also fit the 26 well but i feel more comfortable with the g30 in my hands. I feel like if my hands were any larger i wouldnt like the 26.

All in all both guns are great and Im sure you will be happy either way. Ive been toying with the idea of getting a 26 now also... but think I want to keep everything in .45 acp.