close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G26 or G27 with Conversion barrel?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hometheaterman, Mar 3, 2010.

1. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

I thought I had my mind made up on a G26. I originally wanted something bigger than 9mm but since 9mm was so cheap I decided I'd go with that. Now that I see you can get conversion barrels for a G27 I'm not sure if I want the G26 anymore. Are there any issues that the G27s have? Reliability is my number one important thing. Another question I had is will the poi be the same with a 9mm conversion barrel and the stock 40 caliber barrel? Since they are fixed sights I don't want to have to adjust the sights when changing barrels. Due to the cost of ammo I'd probably shoot 9mm 90% of the time but I think it would be nice to be able to carry 40 s&w rounds as I'm just not sure I have complete faith in 9mm. Since you all now know what I want and my concerns which would be the better choice?

2. AcenJay

AcenJay

It sounds like you should go with the G27 and 9mm conversion barrel.

3. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

4. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

26 get a 27 later.

5. Street Fighter

Street Fighter Texas A&M '07

Since you cannot go up in caliber on the 26 the 27 is the way to go. I am thinking of doing the exact same, but not sure yet. Going to shoot a 27 this weekend with some friends so I will decide if I even want the 9mm barrel at all since all my other guns are .40 and .45 but this one is much smaller than mine.

6. cgjane

cgjane

I just got my g27 today and I am very happy. It is a great compliment to my g23. The 9mm conversion is a plus!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  7. mdehoogh

mdehoogh

or a 33 with 9mm conv. barrel :)

8. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

What's the advantage to a .357 over a .40?

Have any of you with the conversion barrels had any problems? Have any of you had to adjust the sights for the different barrels or do both work pretty well? I keep seeing reviews saying not to use conversion barrels when you carry it but at the same time most of them say they have had no failures. Why are these so bad for carrying if they work so well?

9. mdehoogh

mdehoogh

33 is the same as 27 but its chambered for 357SIG.

[​IMG]

10. cgjane

cgjane

I opted for the 40. I have heard its hard to find ammo for .357sig (and expensive)

11. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

I realized that right after I posted so I edited my post. I'm not sure I want a .357 Sig but what are the advantages to it? Walmart here seems to always have .40 S&W instock and 9mm seems to also be able to be found pretty easily but I hardly ever see .357 sig ammo in stock.

12. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

I can't think of any disadvantages of the .357 SIG cartridge aside from cost. Some say it over-penetrates but I've never noticed that to be the case. It's one HOT 9mm cartridge. It is a snappier round though, that's for sure. It's a ***** to get in some parts of the country. Good luck.

DH

13. robbyg1

robbyg1

I did it and never regretted it, go with the 27.:cool:

14. mtnglocker

mtnglocker

G27 with conversion, I like the Pearce mag extension for the .40 mags. I use a G17 mag with the 9mm barrel for target/range duty, then switch back to original barrel and mag before I leave the range.

Works well and I am reloading 9s, so it saves the cost of the barrel. Use a 9mm mag with the 9mm barrel and its very reliable, if not, no big deal, its only used that way on the range. My G27 in stock form has been 100% reliable for the past 12 years.

15. tango44

tango44

G27 is the way to go.
    .40 for carry
    9mm conversion barrel and mags for the range.
    G33 .357 barrel and mags for fun or carry.

3 guns in a small package.

16. McCallTx

McCallTx

I am trying to make this same decision myself... leaning towards the g27.

17. NC-G27

NC-G27

+1

Went through this same senerio a few weeks back.. Got the 27 and have never looked back... Forget all this business about the recoil that I'm sure you've read and heard about the 27... it's nothing to be concerned about...

18. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

Is the ejector from the G26 what I need to use with this Lone Wolf Conversion barrel? Or do I just need the extractor? Or do I have to order both or what? Do I even really need this? Some say I do others say I don't.

19. mtnglocker

mtnglocker

All you need for the conversion is the 9mm barrel and a 9mm mag . I use the G17 mag that I have anyway and fire away. It looks a little goofy, but its only used that way at the range. No need to change extractors and ejectors. I would think the mag from a G19 would probably be fine too, but I haven't used one.

20. PigButtons

PigButtons

Hi guys,

I have a 33. Can I just get a .40 barrel for a 27 and roll with it or do I need a .40 mag as well?