G26 Gen 5 brass to face?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ErminioB, Feb 15, 2020.

1. ErminioB

ErminioB

Good day everyone, back in the days I got a G26 - not sure which gen, but it was 4 years ago. I had brass ejected to my face or my shoulders at least twice every magazine, no matter the ammo, no matter the grip. A Glock armorer was once at the range, he looked into it, replaced (I believe) the ejector, no changes. That was it for me and Glock. Now .. in 2020, I guess at least one generation after .. what is the members experience with a G26 Gen 5 when it comes to ejection patterns? Because I really liked the Glock trigger and sights. Thanks!

CC Glock likes this.
  2. CC Glock

CC Glock

Wait you like the glock trigger AND sights???? Red flag boys this one's fishy!!!

MCCM likes this.

3. ErminioB

ErminioB

I know, not metal sights, no fancy stuff .. but the "ball in the cup" thing worked very well for me.

4. Dghost

Dghost

I never got btf from any of the Gen 5 models, including the 26.

mongo356 likes this.
  5. Toocool45

Toocool45

Ive shot 2,300 rounds failure free out of my factory night sighted Glock gen 5 26. Its pretty accurate.

G19 fan likes this.
  6. rock_castle

rock_castle "Give me liberty or give me death!"

No issues with my G4 or G5 models. The G4 must have 3000 or more rounds through it.

7. mongo356

mongo356

This. I've had every Gen 5 from G26-G34 all flawless.
    Gen4s sadly not so much, it po'ed me bad enough I dumped all my Gen4s and bought Sigs (a large pain in the rear btw) After I tried a Gen5, Sigs were dumped for Gen5s.

sonoma likes this.
  8. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

I had BTF with my Gen 5 model 17. I fixed it with an Apex extractor and HRED extractor plunger and spring.

Tuscany likes this.
  9. 2740dmx

2740dmx

My recently manufactured G26 Gen4 has had zero issues with brass to face.
    I only shoot 124gr ammo, though.

10. Pistolay

Pistolay Wut? Silver Member

Every pistol I've ever owned has ejected brass at me occasionally, including my G26.4 and G26.5. In 9mm, I shoot 147gr.

ak103k likes this.
  11. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

Yeah. Stiffer loads certainly helps.

2740dmx likes this.
  12. MCCM

MCCM

I’ve got a G26.5 and never brass to the face. Only about 500 rounds though.

13. ak103k

ak103k

Yea, me too, at some point anyway. Doesnt matter who made it.

@ the OP, are you sure its not just you? The reason I ask is, not to long ago, I got a basically brand new 17 from a local shop, who had sold it new to a boy the month before, who brought it back soon after, complaining of brass to the face and he wanted it sent back to Glock, which they did.

Came back soon after "fixed", Glock replaced all the slide parts, and there was a list of what was replaced in the box with the gun. He came back a couple of days later, and said it was still doing it, and traded it off on something else. I got it, a month old, for $400, and have yet to have one piece of brass come anywhere near my head, and Ive shot it a good bit now. Wonder what Im doing wrong. :D

Im thinking there wasnt anything wrong with the gun from the start, and it was the shooter that was the issue.

I sometimes wonder too, if its not "shooter technique" thats the problem here, and with things like the dreaded limp wrist syndrome that also gets thrown around a lot.

If you dont have a firm grip and stance, all sorts of weird things can go on when shooting the automatics, and its not just the Glocks. The biggest no-no is allowing the arm/body to move rearward with recoil. You can have a death grip on the gun, but if you allow the mass behind it to move, youre going to have problems.

Just curious here, but did you let others shoot the gun and were they having the same issue?

14. rock_castle

rock_castle "Give me liberty or give me death!"

I believe that BTF can be a manufacturer's defect. I bought a G19 gen 3 several years ago that had that issue. None of my other Glocks did that. I sent the gun back to Glock and they sent me a new gun back, and the new gun has never had BTF. None of the other Glocks I've picked up since have had that issue. I agree that it can be operator error, but it can also be the pistol.

sonoma likes this.
  15. ak103k

ak103k

Thats why its important to let someone else shoot the gun, especially someone who normally doesnt have any of those issues, before you start doing anything rash. That should clear things up pretty quick.

16. Toocool45

Toocool45

I would add to the last comment a person who shoots that style of firearm. Competently too. But great point ak103k. Im sure many guns went in for warranty that needed nothing. All brands.

17. 0311INF

0311INF

I've had a couple BTF Glocks but not every round. Maybe 1 or 2 per magazine, maybe less than that. Could have been me.

18. cciman

cciman

Below is an easy solution to brass to face problems (The hat on the LEFT, not the shirt on the RIGHT). ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::[​IMG]

MCCM likes this.
  19. cciman

cciman

This doesn't work::::::::::::::

And does not get any girls, either.

[​IMG]

20. Tuscany

Tuscany

I never had any BTF problem with any handgun in decades of owning and shooting dozens and dozens of handguns until I bought two early Gen4 Glock 19s. Both beat the crap out of my face with severe BTF. Severe meaning at least 6-8 hot empties into my shooting glasses or forehead out of every magazine full and at times is was the whole magazine full ejected into my face. Brand of ammunition, bullet weight, bullet shape or power level didn't mattered at all as whatever I loaded them with both still beat up my face. That's when I found this Glock Talk forum, looking for answers.

According to Glock, both my G19s had all the undated parts so they were no help. I finally learned about the Apex extractor kit and tried it in both guns. Instant fix. No more BTF and they worked and have continued to work like all my Glocks before them.

Because I had six solid months of problems with those two Gen4 19s I will read any thread about BTF on this forum. I have seen little problems with the Gen5 Glocks mentioned here or on the other two shooting forums I check daily. During the Gen4 G19 early releases there were BTF threads on every shooting forum I read, but those type threads don't pop up much at all any more. Apparently Glock has fixed their extractor problems with the later Gen4 and the current Gen5 models. At least it isn't a continuous subject like it was for a few years.

OP, I dislike the G26, but if I were in the market for one in the Year 2020 I wouldn't worry about BTF on it or other Glocks. You will almost certainly be fine with your purchase.

mongo356 likes this.