Glock Talk banner

G26 Gen 4 Trigger question

544 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Tancred
Hey Guys,

Just got a new G26, haven't even fired it yet, but thought I'd do the 25¢ trigger job to see if I could improve the amount of travel needed to release the striker (past the wall). I polished the trigger bar, connector and the contact points on the striker block. This polishing did seem to make the break point more immediate once you push through the wall. Oddly enough, the first dry fires after the trigger job seemed fantastic—far better than I thought a simple trigger polishing could do. But when I tried the gun hours later, there seemed to be quite a bit more creep in the movement. Maybe I was just imagining the improvement was better than it really was. My question is, is there a way to really improve the trigger break after you hit the wall? Or is it simply how a Glock is?

thanks,

Tancred
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· MacGyver
10,837 Posts
Sorry, but this same topic is covered ad infinitim on this forum...with many subjective, often heated opinions of works and what doesn't, and the trouble will be filtering what works for you. Simple (unpleasant) answer: training with trigger discipline. Complex (lazy) answer: connector, then springs.

Dry firing and picking out the slight nuances of trigger feel is completely different than shooting with recoil, or shooting under time or threat pressure.

Taking a real gunfight training course also removes most of the of perceived issues with trigger. After 1000 rounds fired during a weekend class, the factory trigger becomes intuitive and almost too light.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but this same topic is covered ad infinitim on this forum...with many subjective, often heated opinions of works and what doesn't, and the trouble will be filtering what works for you. Simple (unpleasant) answer: training with trigger discipline. Complex (lazy) answer: connector, then springs.

Dry firing and picking out the slight nuances of trigger feel is completely different than shooting with recoil, or shooting under time or threat pressure.

Taking a real gunfight training course also removes most of the of perceived issues with trigger. After 1000 rounds fired during a weekend class, the factory trigger becomes intuitive and almost too light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.