Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
The Glock 26 is always a great conversation. I no longer own one, but I carried a G26 for many years (both Gen4 & Gen5), and I still prefer it over the P365 (especially the Gen4). It's concealable enough as is and it is a softer shooter (and more a more versatile taking larger Glock magazines).

Below is Smith & Wesson's answer to the Glock 26, the M&P9 M2.0 Subcompact. I can't decide which I prefer (the G26 or the M&P Subcompact). They both have good triggers, ergonomics, reliability, and accuracy and are very competitive offerings (and I'd be happy with either one).

The G26 is a little more compact with a flush magazine and it's 3.43" barrel (versus the 3.6" barrel of the M&P Subcompact). The M&P is, however a little more compact with its 12-round flush magazine than the G26 in a +2 configuration.

I also owned an M&P40c for many years which is the older version of this gun chambered in .40 S&W so I have a lot of time with both offerings (owning six Glocks and six M&Ps over the years). To me, it's a draw. On paper the M&P almost appears better in some ways, but I really think the G26 is the perfect size to carry OWB with its flush mag (it's also much easier to change the sights on a Glock and disassemble the slide internals). I only went back to the M&P because I did not like my Gen5 G26 without the finger grooves (for my hands). I liked that Glock deleted them from the compact and larger pistols, but I prefer them on a G26. My G19 finger grooves never fit perfectly, but my G26 always did. I LOVE the Gen4. To me it's still the best Glock for the G26 and the Gen5 is my preference for the other 9mm and .40 S&W pistols.

The S&W has a slight edge in the fit and finish of their larger magazines as seen below (but it is in no way a deal breaker), but the fit and finish overall is on par:

12+1
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Wood

12+1
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Wood

15+1
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

17+1
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

If I come across a Gen4 G26 at a good price (or if they bring finger grooves back with the Gen5) I think I'll get another Baby Glock so I can own them at the same time and really decide what I like better. Honestly, I think it will still be a draw. Either way, I still prefer the subcompact configuration over micro-nines.

Reactions: John_AZ

·
Registered
860 Posts
I really like those Smith 2.0. If I wasn’t so invested in Glocks already, I would have been a smith guy.
I get bored too quickly and can't stick with one brand. Currently I carry SIG, Beretta, S&W, Ruger and hopefully another Glock sometime in the near future. I don't even think I could pick one brand and be satisfied. If I had to go down one road, I'd probably keep my P229 chambered in .357, .40 and 9mm and pair it with a P365 rather than stick with Glock. There was a time when I only had a Glock 19 and a G26, but like I said I bore easily.
Gun barrel Gun accessory Personal protective equipment Air gun Trigger

1 - 20 of 44 Posts