close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G26 for Sub.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike g35, Sep 2, 2011.

1. mike g35

mike g35

I traded a couple of my extra hunting guns today to get a NIB G26. I am planning on getting some Dawson Precision sights put on it, adding the pierce grip extensions to the mags, and changing to a "-" connector but thats it for modifications. Anybody have any tips for shooting the "Baby Glock" in competition? I will probably not be shooting the G26 in my next match but my father will and I thought some tips or advice might help us both. I know you aim and fire the gun like any other handgun but is there any kind of a control issue with that short of a grip???

2. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Use the + bottoms or even your G17mags.

3. mike g35

mike g35

I bought a few pearce ext. for it already. I'm glad to hear I can use the G17 mags for it. That was my next question. A few people mentioned GAP floorplates instead of the Pearce grip extension is there really any difference? I read the Glock report and I know the Pearce Ext is legal, what about the GAP? It doesn't matter as long as the ext. doesn't change the capacity right?

4. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

I keep one standard mag for my G27 (same gun as the 26 in .40) for max concealment.

For shooting GSSF, I prefer to put the standard Glock "+2" extender on 4 9 round mags. This gives me a 1 additonal round in .40 for 10+1='s 11.

I use the unmodified 9 round "concealment" mag as the "Barney Mag" to feed the first round, then replace it with a 10 rounder and I am set to shoot.

The "+2" refers to use on a 9mm mag. In a G26 mag, it gives you 12+1='s 13. Pretty good capacity in such a small 9mm. More than you need for GSSF.

For GSSF it also gives you a place for the pinkie, adding leverage for quicker recovery, shot to shot.

Your G26 is no joke.

A Master class shooter used a G26 in one match this year to take the "MatchMeister" award.

In other words, he beat all comers, including other Master class shooters, across the Civilian, Guardian, Subcompact, MasterStock, and in particular Competition divisions. These would have used everything up to G34s and G17Ls. :wow:

5. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

I have shot my last four matches with my 26 in both AmCiv & SubC using my 17 mags. There's no reason you can't be as accurate as a full-size with it.

6. mike g35

mike g35

OK now I'm liking my decision on this one even more. Bobby Carver uses the G26 with great success also he told me and it seemed to be the obvious choice for a sub division gun when I took into account my father shooting it also. So you are saying Glock makes a +2 extension for the G26? Or are you refferring to an after market extension? I will most likely use my G17 mags since I have 12 but I would like to (at some point) get all g26 mags w/ extensions. Its not a need but I think the gun may feel wierd using the long G17 type mags.

7. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Glock makes a +2 extension for any 9mm mag. Here in Ohio, i can get the 26 mags with the Glock +2 extension already on them. They are pricey though $35.

I prefer the normal +2 peirce grip extensions, not the X-tra large ones. Just my opinion, sometimes you can find them @gunshows with the pierce extensions already on them for $20. They look nicer and match the checkering already on the grip.

Honestly though, i have shot with both kinds or extensions, stock mags, and with 17 mags. It takes a while to get used to the shorter grip, but you will. I can shoot just as well/ fast with or without them.

Shoot it for a while with no extensions, you might even shoot your other guns better after you get used to doing most of the holding with those two fingers.

Just my $.02 hope this helps ya. Feel free to PM if you need more info.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  8. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

FWIW, for some reason I like the feel of my G26 with G19 mags the best.

I have a crap load of G17, G19 and G26 mags with and without Pearce extensions. I like the G19 mags for the 26.

Bottom line experiment around and go with what suits you the best.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  9. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks guys, I just found a guy selling some G26 mags dirt cheap so I'm picking up 4 and then I am going to try a few different extensions. But not until I try the G17 mags. I already have enough G17 mags to shoot an entire match in one division without loading and I am hoping to not have to spend the money on G26 mags. Remember I shoot a G22 in CivAm a G22 in UL and a G24 in comp. this gun is for my father to shoot, at least for now. I will be shooting it every now and then but not in my next match. I've already got too many rounds downrange with my 40 cals to change now. Thanks again.

10. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The Glock P/N 7151 mag extensions work great on the G26. I have 10 G26 mags with them and they are perfect. I shoot the G19 and G17 in in the other categories so an extra G17 mag works great as a stripper for all of them. Keeps it simple.

Don

11. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks Don, simple is definitely what I need to be thinking about with this rig.

12. mike g35

mike g35

Are the A&G mag spacers legal for sub division in GSSF?

13. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

NOPE! That is address in the rules in the Glock Report.:upeyes:

Dan:cool:

14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Grip sleeves are not permitted. GAP mag bases are not permitted. You may use either a factory #7151 base or a Pearce base, that's all. You may us G19 and G17 magazines. You may order G26 mags with factory #7151 bases installed from www.lonewolfdist.com

15. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

Mike I thought u shot .40 better than 9mm?

Anyway for defense carry only (for comp I use the 15 .40 mags for my G27) I use these gap plates that attach to the gun n not the mag.

http://www.concealablecontrol.com/

Greg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  16. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

That plate pictured attaches to the magazine and is not legal in GSSF Competition, period! Whatever you choose to do for personal defense is just fine.

17. rpgman

rpgman SCGLOCK

I dont use it for gssf, only for carry.
    I also stated I use the 15 round mags in my G27 for gssf.
    n I was wrong it attaches to the mag not the gun.
    Just ordered have not received them yet.

18. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

19. Stoop

Stoop

well do share the find!

20. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa