Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much easier, if at all does the G26 conceal? Does the 3/4 inch butt reduction and reduced slide lenght make it feel that much better?

·
Banned
700 Posts
In my opinion, the ease of concealed carry is proportional to your dedication, not the firearm you're toting.

I say this because I carry a full-size G22 daily without issue... and I'm a skinny (fit) guy.

Carry the firearm you are most proficient with. If you have problems concealing a 19 and you aren't dedicated enough to make it work, then by all means get a 26.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I carry a G19 now but am sick of the butt of the grip hitting the back of the chair eveytime I sit down.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Im 5'7'' and 160lbs and have tried carrying both. The 26 was easier for me to conceal. I just couldn't get the 19 to conceal well and be comfortable with location and comfort. The 26 feels just about the max size for my frame and dressing habits and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I'm a lean guy, and the 26 is perfect for me. FWIW, I used to carry a G30 and had no trouble with it either.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
i have carried both guns over the years, dont bsee a bit of diff in carrying, i perfer the 19 or 23 for gripping, so i opt for the slightly larger gun

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The Glock 26 is for one, who loves the subcompact, and knows how to use it. For close to medium quarters, it shoots just as good as a 19.

The Glock 19 is more accessible to more shooters. Since the frame, basically fits everyone. Hence its popularity.

Being a lean guy, I’d recommend the 26 for pocket or holster carry. A DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, or a Miami Classic Rig.

Belly band carry is also an option. If you’re into to that.

The 19 would also work great in a Miami Rig.

I’d say the 26, for it’s equivalent accuracy, in short-to medium range, and its diminished size for carry. Make it a better bet. ..But feel free to go bigger, if that makes you comfortable. And don't forget about the Trijicon Night Sights. A must.

·
Registered
77 Posts
IMO, yes it is very different. Then again the holster may be a big part of it. I use a Galco stow-n-go with the 26, and it's as natural as putting my keys in my pocket. I have something like a c-tac for a 19 and I never end up using it. Long story short, they both may conceal equally well, but in my opinion the 26 size feels better for day in, day out carry, ymmv.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I started out carrying a 19, went to a 26, and finally to a Khar PM-9.

It's all personal, I just like a smaller semi-auto to make sure it stays concealed.

The last thing I want is some anti gun moron to call the cops with a man with gun BS. Also, living in Vegas makes it more difficult to conceal because of the warm weather. :supergrin:

·
3 x Combat Vet
104 Posts
5'10", 175#
I'm going to say its the holster or the positioning of your holster. I am the same hight but only 160# and carry the 23 with no problems. I have also carried the 22 with no issues. I can (and curently am) sit in a chair all day and not really notice it. I ordered a new CBST about 3 days ago to try but may not need it once it gets here as I picked up a brand new C-Tac off of craigslist for $50 and this thing is comfortable.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I have both and yes to me the 26 is much easier to carry and conceal than the 19, and quite honestly the Kahr pm9 is much easier to conceal and carry than the 26

·
Registered
492 Posts
In my experience, subcompact Glocks are much easier to conceal than full-size or compact Glocks.

Since the pistol barrel is usually along-side the body (either inside the pants or outside the pants), the butt of the grip is what usually prints and protrudes.
And since the subcompacts have a shorter butt, they print and protrude less.
It's really just that simple.

But you do sacrifice capacity for ease of concealment.

I started off with the G22, but it was just too large and bulky for everyday carry IMO.
So I downsized to the G27 and I would never go back to the G22 as an everyday concealed carry pistol.

One more good thing about downsizing is the weight:
A loaded G22 = 34.38 oz.
A loaded G27 = 26.75 oz.

·
Banned
18,886 Posts
How much easier, if at all does the G26 conceal? Does the 3/4 inch butt reduction and reduced slide lenght make it feel that much better?
It doesn't print as easily, even with a Pearce pinky extension as the G19, but it's not much of a difference. With the factory flush baseplate, it hides even better. The barrel length makes no difference at all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts