G26 easier to conceal than 19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Benello, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Benello

Benello

How much easier, if at all does the G26 conceal? Does the 3/4 inch butt reduction and reduced slide lenght make it feel that much better?

2. timbob

timbob

In my opinion, the ease of concealed carry is proportional to your dedication, not the firearm you're toting.

I say this because I carry a full-size G22 daily without issue... and I'm a skinny (fit) guy.

Carry the firearm you are most proficient with. If you have problems concealing a 19 and you aren't dedicated enough to make it work, then by all means get a 26.

3. Benello

Benello

I carry a G19 now but am sick of the butt of the grip hitting the back of the chair eveytime I sit down.

4. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

yea i love my g26 it carry s sweet

5. Jakemug

Jakemug

How big a boy are ya? Body/frame size could negate the difference in these two pistols.

6. Benello

Benello

7. JVO

JVO

Im 5'7'' and 160lbs and have tried carrying both. The 26 was easier for me to conceal. I just couldn't get the 19 to conceal well and be comfortable with location and comfort. The 26 feels just about the max size for my frame and dressing habits and am very happy with it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  8. Scott3670

Scott3670

I'm a lean guy, and the 26 is perfect for me. FWIW, I used to carry a G30 and had no trouble with it either.

9. mikegun

mikegun

i have carried both guns over the years, dont bsee a bit of diff in carrying, i perfer the 19 or 23 for gripping, so i opt for the slightly larger gun

10. RS7

RS7

I'm actually faster and more accurate with the 26 (no grip extention). It's a no-brainer for me.

11. MartinRiggs1987

MartinRiggs1987

The Glock 26 is for one, who loves the subcompact, and knows how to use it. For close to medium quarters, it shoots just as good as a 19.

The Glock 19 is more accessible to more shooters. Since the frame, basically fits everyone. Hence its popularity.

Being a lean guy, I’d recommend the 26 for pocket or holster carry. A DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, or a Miami Classic Rig.

Belly band carry is also an option. If you’re into to that.

The 19 would also work great in a Miami Rig.

I’d say the 26, for it’s equivalent accuracy, in short-to medium range, and its diminished size for carry. Make it a better bet. ..But feel free to go bigger, if that makes you comfortable. And don't forget about the Trijicon Night Sights. A must.

12. JohnQGlocker

JohnQGlocker

IMO, yes it is very different. Then again the holster may be a big part of it. I use a Galco stow-n-go with the 26, and it's as natural as putting my keys in my pocket. I have something like a c-tac for a 19 and I never end up using it. Long story short, they both may conceal equally well, but in my opinion the 26 size feels better for day in, day out carry, ymmv.

13. KingofOviedo

KingofOviedo

I have a shoulder holster for this and a waistband holster. TIMBOB is right though....haha, it's all about how dedicated you are to concealment :2gun:

Attached Files:

14. krab

krab CLM

I started out carrying a 19, went to a 26, and finally to a Khar PM-9.

It's all personal, I just like a smaller semi-auto to make sure it stays concealed.

The last thing I want is some anti gun moron to call the cops with a man with gun BS. Also, living in Vegas makes it more difficult to conceal because of the warm weather. :supergrin:

15. Adionik

Adionik

G26 is way easier to carry

16. buckslayer

buckslayer 3 x Combat Vet

I'm going to say its the holster or the positioning of your holster. I am the same hight but only 160# and carry the 23 with no problems. I have also carried the 22 with no issues. I can (and curently am) sit in a chair all day and not really notice it. I ordered a new CBST about 3 days ago to try but may not need it once it gets here as I picked up a brand new C-Tac off of craigslist for $50 and this thing is comfortable.

17. Zertek

Zertek

I have both and yes to me the 26 is much easier to carry and conceal than the 19, and quite honestly the Kahr pm9 is much easier to conceal and carry than the 26

18. O'DubhGhaill

O'DubhGhaill

The G26 is smaller than the G19, so it should be (and is for me) easier to conceal.

19. easyg

easyg

In my experience, subcompact Glocks are much easier to conceal than full-size or compact Glocks.

Since the pistol barrel is usually along-side the body (either inside the pants or outside the pants), the butt of the grip is what usually prints and protrudes.
    And since the subcompacts have a shorter butt, they print and protrude less.
    It's really just that simple.

But you do sacrifice capacity for ease of concealment.

I started off with the G22, but it was just too large and bulky for everyday carry IMO.
    So I downsized to the G27 and I would never go back to the G22 as an everyday concealed carry pistol.

One more good thing about downsizing is the weight:
    A loaded G22 = 34.38 oz.
    A loaded G27 = 26.75 oz.

20. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

It doesn't print as easily, even with a Pearce pinky extension as the G19, but it's not much of a difference. With the factory flush baseplate, it hides even better. The barrel length makes no difference at all.