close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G26 CC recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by joe86, Mar 11, 2010.

1. joe86

joe86

I have a G26 and have been trying to find a way to carry it concealed. Size is fine for pocket carry, but it's too heavy, IWB tuckable is also too heavy (small lightweight holster). Haven't tried ankle holster, but that seems difficult to get to in a hurry.

Anyone using a IWB belly band type set up?
    Does a Crossbreed distribute the weight to make the gun lighter?

Thanks

Joe

2. Hendricks433

Hendricks433

Get a Wilderness Instructors belt with the 5 stitch. Then get a holster such as the Raven Concealment or NTAC(Will probably get it quicker) and youll be good to go.

edit** And Carry it IWB.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010

3. M249SAW

M249SAW Rescue Jockey

I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck and I sometimes forget I have my G26 on. And as said above a good quality gun belt is a must.

4. jmb79

jmb79

If you think the G26 is too heavy for front pocket carry, then you must not be using a sturdy gun belt and/or a good inside the pocket holster.

5. JVO

JVO

+1 on a good belt. I went carrying from a Taurus mil pro 9, XDsc9, Ruger lcp and now to a glock 26. I used to just use a normal belt and going from the lcp to the 26 I found it very uncomfortable to carry and hard to conceal. I bought a galco cop series 2 weeks ago and couldn't believe the difference and should of made the leap sooner. I carry out of waist band with a galco pancake and with the belt holding it tight to my body it is super comfortable and doesn't print, even with a t-shirt on.

6. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

This.

ST + real gun belt = comfort

7. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

I'm using a CTAC for my G27. I truly am impressed w/the ease & comfort of this holster, which says alot as I'm more of an OWB guy. I've got it matched up w/a 1.75 tactical belt (which is also far more comfortable & supportive than I ever thought it could be) & life is good for me.

8. Hendricks433

Hendricks433

Also, The reason I recommend a the Wilderness belt is because A)Its strong and sturdy and good for holding the gun. B) Its infinitely adjustable which is crucial when CC. If you get a leather belt you can easily get stuck where one hole is just too loose and one is way too tight.

9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

With a proper IWB holster and belt the G26 really is barely noticeable. I use the Comp-tac MTAC. It works fine with my normal dress belts. So much so that I regret spending $80+ for a real gun belt.

Seriously, if the G26 is too heavy even with a good holster and belt then you need to move down to a Kahr or Rohrbaugh or a real mouse gun.

I normally don't wear vests or untucked shirts so for summer carry I'm probably going to be going to a different (thinner) gun (though I will try the G26). Either the Kahr PM9 or Walther PPS.

10. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Good gun belt will help you. Get them packaged with a holster from crossbreed.

11. M249SAW

M249SAW Rescue Jockey

Comptac's belts are nice as well. The sandwiched kydex really makes for a sturdy belt.

12. Zertek

Zertek

Great advice on the Wilderness belt, also you might try Crossbreed Supertuck holster.

13. ricklee4570

ricklee4570

The G-26 really is too big and bulky for pocket carry.

I use a Desantis Intruder IWB Holster for my 26. I know its there but it is very comfortable. It is similar in construction to the Crossbreed Supertuck.

14. gusbuster

gusbuster

I like to carry the G26 IWB. For gun belt I use the Wilderness 5 Stitch, or a Beltman horsehide/vinyl insert. The holsters with attatchments widely spaced fore and aft seem to distrubute the weight better; such as, the VM2 and Super Tuck. A also have a Raven ACR(wide overhook only) that carries well for appendix carry, and I got one on order from http://www.threatsolutions.com/ for my G26, because I use his J frame ACR every day and it is very comfortable.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  15. Mattyd

Mattyd

Well I am just about 4 weeks ahead of you. Here is what I have done...Wilderness frequent flyer belt with 5 stich. Crossbreed super tuck. After a few days it is very comfy. I also have a CTac Infidel..easy on easy off..comfort not as good as Crossbreed. I have ordered based on recommendations from others here on GF a Glock Sport/combat holster and a Don Hume 721OT but don't have them in use yet. Oh I fogot...also have a Blackhawk Serpa paddle. I had a Fobus paddle that I actually prefered but sold. I think I am about set! Still plan to get a lether belt yet.