1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: Parry

· Registered
760 Posts
I'm tempted to go with the G27. :)
I’ve got a Gen 4 G27 with Trijicon NS installed. I like the gun but I’ll be very honest. It’s a snappy little sucker. Not trying at all to talk you out of it as I carry mine from time to time but, It’s the ONLY pistol (I only carry HK, Sig or Glock) I’ve every had a failure with. It wasn’t the guns fault at all it was mine losing a solid grip and accidentally limp writing the pistol in a string of shots. I’m chunking this up to the jumpy recoil of the .40 in this weapon. I love the .40 S&W!! Esp in HK firearms and even my G23. But. Caution the G27 to really make sure you’ve gripping it ALL the time with authority. YMMV but it’s what I’ve experienced.

· I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
3,451 Posts
$499 is standard for a Gen 3 9mm or .40. However, Cabela's/Bass Pro has always typically priced above MSRP, often/usually well above MSRP. "Sale" is a relative to their usual overpricing ;) , but there's nothing wrong with $499 for a Gen 3 26 or 27.

· Registered
178 Posts
I’ve got a Gen 4 G27 with Trijicon NS installed. I like the gun but I’ll be very honest. It’s a snappy little sucker. Not trying at all to talk you out of it as I carry mine from time to time but, It’s the ONLY pistol (I only carry HK, Sig or Glock) I’ve every had a failure with. It wasn’t the guns fault at all it was mine losing a solid grip and accidentally limp writing the pistol in a string of shots. I’m chunking this up to the jumpy recoil of the .40 in this weapon. I love the .40 S&W!! Esp in HK firearms and even my G23. But. Caution the G27 to really make sure you’ve gripping it ALL the time with authority. YMMV but it’s what I’ve experienced.
I have had a similar experience with two G27's that I really tried to like. No problem with any G23 I've had, and still have. But, I like the subcompact platform so I decided to give a G26 a try. I was pleased with how controllable it is TO ME and it has become a favorite EDC.

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like small pistols. What stops me from buying the G27 is I have a load of ammo for my 3 calibers. If I were to buy a G27, I'd have to buy ammo and I'm the type that likes having a lot of ammo in hand. So it would be very expensive for me to buy that caliber.

· Registered
760 Posts
G
I like small pistols. What stops me from buying the G27 is I have a load of ammo for my 3 calibers. If I were to buy a G27, I'd have to buy ammo and I'm the type that likes having a lot of ammo in hand. So it would be very expensive for me to buy that caliber.
Gottcha. I’ve also got a Gen 5 G26. LOVE that little pistol. Mine has the Ameribold NS and I carry it quite often in the warmer months. It’s night and day compared to the Gen 4 G27 IMHO.

· Registered
116 Posts
Cabela's is generally overpriced. But when they are trying to clear out a particular model, they have some pretty nice sales. Back in late 2019, they were clearing out their stock of 'Summer Special' Glock 19 Gen 4. The ones with front serrations and extended mag release. They were priced at $449. The standard Gen 4 G19 was $499. Couldn't help myself and had to pic up a couple. LOL

· Registered
303 Posts
I agree, Cabela's is generally overpriced. But at these prices, I might be able to justify another 26. I bought a 26.5 at my LGS last month for $575, but just over $600 otd. Beside the price, I absolutely love my 26.5 and is tied as my favorite Glock. At $499, it is very very tempting to pick up another.

· Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree, Cabela's is generally overpriced. But at these prices, I might be able to justify another 26. I bought a 26.5 at my LGS last month for $575, but just over $600 otd. Beside the price, I absolutely love my 26.5 and is tied as my favorite Glock. At $499, it is very very tempting to pick up another.
At $40 more, between the two, I'd rather go with another G26 Gen 5. Have to pay sales tax but no FFL transfer fee.

Reactions: Parry
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.