close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G24 Sights

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by District18, Jun 22, 2012.

1. District18

District18

I can't decide what sights to mount on my G24. What are you G24 owners using? Any red dot users? Pics appreciated. Oh yeah, keep in mind I just ordered a .357 sig barrel from Storm Lake, I'll be going back & forth between both calibers.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  2. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Dawson adjustable fiber optics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$130. Buy once, cry once was my idea. Great sights. Here is my thread about them: http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371575

Why the 357 sig barrel? More expensive, brass is not plentiful, bottleneck case PITA.... Just wondering.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012

3. District18

District18

First off, I like those sights. As far as the round goes, I'm in law enforcement and have always been interested in the 5.7X28 and it's AP ability, but lets face it, it's expensive. Ultimately I want to do my own chrono testing and body armor testing using fmjs. Since I carry a G35 for work I take in to consideration the cost effectiveness in just switching a barrel. I'm also working towards consolidating calibers and types of magazines that I need to keep in my inventory.

4. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

Have a 24C with Bomar sights that was my favorite Glock until I got a 17L. I dropped a LWD 40/9 barrel into the 24 and mounted a Burris Fastfire II in the rear dovetail and now use it for class when I get students that cannot (will not?) focus on the front sight. Works very well in that role or when my eyes are feeling strained.

My 17L has Warren/Sevigny Comp sights (black on black with a narrow front blade) which I like even better the the Bomars I had on the 24 for precision target work. Can also recommend the Ameriglo I-Dot Pro which I have on my 34 and 27 for action shooting or EDC.

Sorry that I don't have pictures.

5. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Good points Chicago,

It depends what you're going to be doing with the pistol.

I use my sights like a red dot for action shooting.(ZSA, USPSA) Red front sight tube = POI.
    It doesn't do so well for precision stuff, so I just stick my target on top of the red tube and call it good.

6. District18

District18

So let's say I wanted precision at long distance, what do you think would work better?

7. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

notch/post sights with little light on the sides of the front post.

[​IMG]

8. Meathead9

Meathead9

I have a Dawson Precision Adjustable plain black rear & .100" wide Red F/O front on my 6" G20LS. I originally had the green F/O DP rear, but the dots made for a very distracting sight picture. There's a little daylight on the sides of the front blade, so I can see more of the target & I can zero in on a smaller target at longer range with the narrow front. For me, it's the perfect long range sight picture. I use it for HOT 10mm handloads, and HOT 9x25 Dillon handloads. I have a 9x25 Dillon 90gr XTP load that averages 2050fps, and I'm working on a load for a 124gr XTP @ 1750-1800fps.