Glock Talk banner

G23

4263 Views 44 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  1L26
I have a very good friend that is a former ATF agent. He lives in MS. so I don't get to visit him as much as I would like to. I also have a son that is 30 years old. Like dad, he has always chose S&W firearms over any other brand. There was that one time we both bought a Glock G17.4. I sold mine because I could not get comfortable with the grip ergonomics. He sold his to fund a new S&W FS 2.0 .40 cal.
Just recently my son and I went to my aforementioned friends house to shoot at his indoor range. Long story short, my son was shooting my friends Glock G23's, Gen 1-4. Now he wants one! He sold his M&P 2.0 .40 cal. to my friend. My friend also told him he can get him an almost excellent-very very good LE trade in G23 in either Gen 3 or 4. He has to decide. My friend explained the differences between the 3 & 4 to him, the Gen 4's extra mag., new RSA, etc. He advised my son to go with the Gen 4. But, here's the kicker; I "MIGHT" be buying one as well! At the prices my friend can get them at, I would be foolish NOT to get one. He's an FFL, so no fees.
Which Gen would "YOU" select, and why?
One more thing; Are you sitting down? He has a Class 3/SOT (?) license. He also owns a G18 AND a G18C! Those are some bad "BLEEP, BLEEP, BLEEP" guns!!!!!! :alex:
Reactions: james Garrison
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
Yes, the Glocks do not always fit the hand great in the gun shop. It's when you get to the firing range and actually shoot them when you see why they're so popular.

· Registered
229 Posts
I have the 23 in gens 3 and 4. They both have their benefits. Gen 3 has an arguably more reliable rsa, a single flat-wire spring more conducive to operation in sandy environments, and slightly better trigger. The gen 4 for its better (to some) texturing and easier-to-reach mag release. Actually shooting both side by side it's hard to tell a difference but I give the slightest nod to the gen 3.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.