close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G23 slide release issue.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by theflatlander, Aug 12, 2012.

1. theflatlander

theflatlander

I just got back from the range and I noticed when I was seating my mag hard into the well g23 gen4 it was releasing the slide by itself. My first guess was that I had a bad extended slide release lever and I switched back to my factory one but that didn't solve the problem. I also thought maybe I had a bad magazine and that wasnt the problem. It happens with all three mags.

The weird thing is it doesnt happen when the magazines are unloaded. I have tried my hardest to make it happen with a unloaded mag and the slide will stay locked back no matter what. Im confused and Im looking for some help. Thanks.

2. Roger H

Roger H

Glocks do that some time not a big deal. any way you were going to close the slide any way weren't you . my G21 does it it dose tend to freak out some range officers lol but it doesnt hurt any thing. your glocks not broken. just load shoot till mag is empty eject mag and repeat till you run out of ammo then go buy more

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

3. scosgt

scosgt

You can't do it with an empty mag because the follower grabs the SLL. That is what it is supposed to do.
    Glocks always do that if you slam the mag home. Perfectly normal/

4. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

Its mag slam slide release ,if your gun does it can be very helpfull in a high stress situation with a reload

5. fendertele87

fendertele87

If you were to slam the butt of your gun with your palm it would do
    It with no mag. It's nothing bad.

6. theflatlander

theflatlander

:wavey: right on guys. This is my first glock and I didn't know if this was a reliability issue or not.

7. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Definitely not an issue, I tend to look at it as an accessory since all of my Glocks will do this. :supergrin: