G23 or G30

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by danger26, Mar 14, 2007.

1. danger26

danger26

Hi guys, i'm in the market for a new pistol. I'm looking at either the glock 23 or glock 30. I currently have a g26 and a 92fs but wanted something in a bigger caliber. I've looked at and have played with both 30 and 23 but have not had the chance to shoot either one. I know the 45 is a snappy round as my bro has a g36. Recoil and controllability should not (imho) be a problem. What are your opinions and/or experiences with the g23 and g30? btw. i don't compete, just wanted to add to the small collection. Thanks a lot guys!

2. vega

vega

I have shot both Glocks and G23 have more recoil than G30. Let's see what those who actually owns them have to say.

3. Allegra

Allegra

a very good trainer sa US thinks the g23 is the best

4. isuzu

isuzu

I mentioned in my other post about testing both pistols. The G30 is more accurate than the G23 and has a softer recoil compared to the G23's snappier recoil.

5. navychief

navychief Guest

i have a g23 and i could barely tell the difference when i fire a 9mm pistol. good for HD or CC and with 13+1 rounds. i'm sure the G30 is good too but just invest on a 1911 for your 45 acp. i know i will :)

p.s. read more on Glock Talk, Lots of discussions on the G23

6. vega

vega

+1
    If you want a 45ACP get it in the original configuration, the 1911.

7. chocoboy

chocoboy Guest

Sino ba dito sa bogs meron G30 na pwde natin iputok? Medyo na curious rin ako... parang gusto ko rin ng G30 or G36. I cary a Kimber compact CDP... its frame is made of alloy. Magaan naman sya 28oz (unloaded) n 38oz ata loaded with 7+1. The G30 is lighter (23oz lang) n 33oz loaded with 10+1 rnds.

My brother owns a G23 but IMHO, recoil is really snappy. Ang laki tlga ng difference in terms of controlability compared to my Kimber. If ever the G30's performance n recoil is somewhat close to my Kimber, inisip ko ipahinga na yung Kimber n carry the G30 instead.

8. Alexii

Alexii Guest

Ok, here goes re G30.

Its grip has a wider girth than the G23. It's indeed the most
    accurate GLOCK I ever shot (compared to 17, 19, 21, 35) but
    though certainly subjective, I felt I'm about to lose control
    of the thing because of the grip.

Another gripe would be the difficulty of chambering a round
    from a fully loaded (10 rounds) magazine. Try to chamber
    a mag with nine rounds in it and no problemo. Maybe others
    here have different experiences.

I'll second Vega's advice, go with the 1911. You'll end up buying one anyway. :)

9. MR_BIG

MR_BIG

45 acp isnt a snappy round, the g36 is the culprit, try it on a goverment model, youll see, mas snappy 40s&w...btw i have a g30 and if im gonna carry again, single stack na

10. revo

revo

GET BOTH !!

woohooo...:supergrin:

11. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

If it's for collection, why not get both? :)

12. bagito

bagito tanod

korek!
    i shoot better w/ the g30. but i also love my g23.:banana:

13. TTPower

TTPower

danger whats going to be the purpose of this new gun? do u plan to carry it or for HD and a little shooting? i have a g23 but i havnt tried shooting a g30 or g36 so i cant really compare it :) some say that the 40cal is snappier than the 45... others says its the other way around. best thing u can do is try them both. but if i were u i'd get a 1911 45cal since u already have a glock (g26)... at least u'll have a variety of guns :thumbsup:

14. danger26

danger26

Thanks for the replies and advice. Main reason for a new 1 is really for an alternate carry and occassional gun range shoot.

Can't afford both... if only i could.

I was looking into getting some sort of a 1911. looked at the para p14 and p16... The Price!!!. The armscor medallion series is quite nice too. Norincos seem to be quite popular and i've heard good things about them . A hesitation I have when it comes to 1911's is I feel they are a bit more complicated as compared to glocks and berettas. I know once I get the hang of a 1911, i'd probably love it. Then that makes a new dilema, i'll need more money for the mods as i've seen plenty of beautiful 1911's from the guys here. kakaingit.

But seriously, I'm a bit hesitant on the 1911's as i don't know them well enough, need more exposure to them.

15. Sweater

Sweater

CHOCOBOY,I did shoot Kimbers 45 TLE,Grand Raptor, and Desert Warrior all of these Kimbers are above average accuracy speaking, then i got a G30 a month ago put at least 200 rounds,all i can say is as far accuracy goes it hard to choose.For carry, accuracy and if i will put my butt on the the line, i will choose the G30.As for the G23, I still have to try it.

RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, PROTECT IT.

16. chocoboy

chocoboy Guest

Sweater, thanks for the info. In terms of recoil, how does the G30 handle compared to kimbers or any 1911's? Thanks again in advance!

17. chocoboy

chocoboy Guest

Mr. Big,

Single stack... You mean single stack na 1911? or G36?

Iba ba yung recoil ng G36 from G30? Same slide n everything except for the frame which is slimmer diba?

18. Sweater

Sweater

CHOCOBOY, As far as recoil goes, Kimbers are lighter than G30 , perhaps the weight difference of the each pistol, but G30 recoils are manageable .Just my thought and experience.Shoot safely.
    "RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS"PROTECT IT.

19. NOTV8

NOTV8 Glock-a-holic

Get the G30. I used it in IDPA and I shoot better with it with my G21 and G17. Okay lang ang recoil compare sa ibang .45 auto. If only I can have you try it :thumbsup:
    Good luck on your purchase.
    [​IMG]

20. NOTV8

NOTV8 Glock-a-holic

Ooooopps. Picture is a bit largeeee :supergrin: