GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been carrying both for years and I think I’ve come to the conclusion that the 23 is actually more comfortable to carry. I think it has to do with the butt of the grip. With the 27 the butt of the grip is right at the side of my abdomen and with the 23 it comes up and out from my body. The side of the 23 grip touches but it’s smooth and flat. The butt of the 27 has all sorts of angled edges. Anyone else agree?

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Both about the same to me, but I carry the G-27 more, and should carry the G-23 only.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
First, I am a super big fan of the 23.

That said, look into different makes and styles of holsters.

It is NOT a one size fits all world.

·
Registered
359 Posts
For me the 23 was easier to carry. I carry AIWB and the short barrel and short grip made a 27 sized pistol move around too much when I moved. YMMV

·
Free Full Clip!
17,121 Posts
I have a G23 that I've carried but it was never that comfortable unless I carried it OWB. I tried a G27 for a while but it was just too thick an chunky for IWB carry. A 40 caliber S&W shield is much more comfortable, being a single stack.

I'd like to see Glock make a 40 caliber version of the 43x.

·
Registered
114 Posts
To me, both the G23 and G19 were noticeably more comfortable to carry than the G27 and G26 that I also owned. That is because of simple physics. The load (pressure against your hip, etc.) is spread out over a larger area, hence less pressure against your skin and bones. I simple do not like fat baby Glocks at all. I have had a G26, G27 and G33, and will never own one of those again, even though I tried and tried for 3 times to like them. If my gun is tiny, I want it to be thin (like my G43). I like short, fat and heavy in my carry rounds (.45 ACP), but I don't like the feel of short, fat and heavy on my hip bones.

·
King Doofus.
5,491 Posts
I carried a 27 for a few years. OWB made no difference of course, but IWB the 23 spread it's footprint over a slightly bigger area. Less pressure points. I only carry a 23 now, 365.

·
Controller
2,600 Posts
I carried the 23 for 10 years, then the 27 for another 10 years...now I carry a 26

1 - 9 of 9 Posts