G23 Gen 4 rocks!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Butch1970, Feb 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Butch1970

Butch1970

I purchased this over the Summer but just got around to shooting it today (tend to focus on Sigs and 1911's).

I had brought my G17 Gen 3 to the range a few times but never shot it as well as my other pistols. Figured I'd run a couple of boxes (115g Lawman and 124g Winchester Nato) through it today as a warmup for the G23. Just "meh."

I expected the G23 to be snappy and less-controllable. NOT! I shot it significantly better than the G17... no explanation other than I guess it fits my hand better (using the medium insert).

Really had a good time with it. With a bit of practice I think I should be able to shoot it as well as my SigPro 2022 in. 40 :D

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Damn right it rocks! Congrats!

3. Legacy Shooters

Legacy Shooters

Congrats! I have 2 g23's both in gen 4's. I love them

Sent from my SCH-I110 using Tapatalk 2

4. Made Man

Made Man Glock-o-holic

Yes...yes, the Gen. 4 G23 is very nice.

Sent from up range, at about 3100 fps

5. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco

I passed on a G23 Gen4 and went with a G27 Gen4 for better concealment. I know I'm gonna crack before this year is over with.

6. Butch1970

Butch1970

Thanks, guys!

I've also got a Lone Wolf .357Sig barrel waiting to get swapped in, but I decided to hold off and see how it runs with. 40 for a while.

I may consider getting a 9mm conversion barrel now. Before, it seemed like it might be redundant since I have the G17, but if it fits my hand better.... (not giving up on the G17 just yet though...). Is the 9mm Gen4 recoil spring lighter than the. 40?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on the G23.

8. Hognutz

Hognutz

Congrats on the (new) 23. They are a pleasure to shoot, accurate as all get out, and carry well. I own a Gen. 4 23, and love it to death.. Enjoy!!

9. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

Shweet!
    Just started shooting mine as well.

10. Bobbj22

Bobbj22

I bought mine last year and it had some accuracy issues. It was my HD/CCW so I didn't want to send it in. Bought a couple M&P's and finally put it in a box to send it. It was covered in wear marks from heavy usage and dry fire drills. They ordered me a brand new one. Yesterday (a month and a half later), it arrived with all the bells and whistles: new box, new lock, 3 new mags, and reinstalled my night sights in the new gun. Also, they included the paper target shot with the stock sights and another one with my Trijicons for confirmation. I was a bit bummed to have to pay $60 to ship it but after getting $120 in mags, I was thoroughly impressed. So far it is my only Glock but I might buy another one soon solely based on how they looked out for the little guy. It's nice to see such a large company treat their large and small buyers with little differentiation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. Hop45

Hop45

Congrats! I have a Gen 3 G23 and love it. Just went thru handgun carry permit class and waiting on my license to arrive. I'm fairly new to guns, but have a Ruger 10/.22, the Glock, and a Double Star AR-15. Hooked on shooting!