close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G23 Gen 3 , FTFeed issue?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by C J, Aug 8, 2012.

1. C J

C J

My recent trip to the range was alittle annoying with my G23. I have maybe close to 1500 rds through it by now. I was trying some 'new to me' Corbon DPX, 140 gr. No problem. Tried some Hornady CD, 165 gr next. No problem. Then I was using some American Eagle SWC. It was either 165 or 180 gr. All of a sudden I was having FTFeed issues. It happened a couple of times. Wasn't sure of that American Eagle ammo. I had some Hornady left still and two spare mags. No problem. I think between that ammo and my #1 spare mag, there's my problem? Didn't want to trust that mag anymore, so I chucked it. Glad it happened at the range. Usually the mag is the culprit. Yes?

2. ucop27

ucop27

I would say ammo, why didn't you try some known good ammo in the suspect mag?

3. avenues165

avenues165

I would agree that you should test the suspect mag with ammo known to work well in your pistol.

It seems like the ammo to me. My G24 has had 2 failures to feed with Fiocchi 165gr TCEB. Everything else in .40 through it has been GTG.

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Most Glocks will fail to feed SWC's. Shoot FMJ and JHP and you won't have problems.

5. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

Dont use SWCs , and u should be good 2 go

6. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Let me be the third to go with the SWC,not known as the best bullet design when it comes to feeding in semi automatics. SJ 40