Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from the range. G23 Gen 3 stock trigger with a 9 mm conversion barrel vs G26 Gen 5 stock trigger. The older G23 trigger with 3,000+ rounds is much harder for me to pull than the new G26 trigger with 200+ rounds. I have another G23 Gen 3 with a Ghost 3.5 trigger kit and it is still more difficult for me to pull than the stock G26 trigger.

I'm getting old and decrepit and I accept that fact. I bought a grip strengthener a few weeks ago, use it, but still have a problem with the harder trigger pull.

I shoot the G26 much better than the G23 and feel that the trigger pull weight is a significant factor. I'm looking for ideas of were to go next.

·
MacGyver
8,089 Posts
Wow, struggling to pull a Glock trigger is significant -- have yourself checked to see if there are medical reasons for lack of hand strength.

·
I'm not retired
7,808 Posts
Wow, struggling to pull a Glock trigger is significant -- have yourself checked to see if there are medical reasons for lack of hand strength.
How do you handle G23 recoil if you have a hard time pulling the trigger?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you tested the trigger to see how many pounds the pull is?
I don't have a gauge.

I did use a needle oiler to put a micro-drop of oil on all parts that touched each other, especially inside the trigger. That seemed to help it a lot!

Problem solved.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I thought that the trigger spring only worked during reset?
The top trigger tuners like Johnny Glock say to keep your trigger spring stock (5#)
Says the 6# spring can mess with your reset.

So if you're comfortable working under the hood...

I'd switch to a Glock OEM "minus" connector and try that.
It has a "flatter" ramp than the dot and therefore yields a slightly lighter pull.
If that still doesn't help and this is a range gun you can try a 4.5# striker (firing pin) spring. (OEM is 5.5#)
Also there is a reduced power safety plunger spring that will help when the trigger bar ear engages the safety plunger during the trigger pull.

I would baseline what you have now with a trigger pull gauge.
Then change ONE THING at a time and track progress with your trigger pull gauge.
The Lyman digital is $48 on Amazon if you don't have a gauge.

·
G43 Fanboy
2,251 Posts
Katana1,
Before you replace the OEM springs with lighter ones, you may want to try a Glock OEM “-“ connector AND a different OEM trigger first. There are individual variations among those stamped out OEM trigger bars. There is a possibility that the particular trigger in your gun may be the culprit of the excessively hard (=heavy) trigger. Glock OEM triggers are not expensive and readily available from many reputable online sources. You will be surprised to find out that different OEM triggers can give you noticeably different trigger pull.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts