close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G23 - fte

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by wkywtkiller, Feb 20, 2010.

1. wkywtkiller

wkywtkiller

Hello to all. I just bought a G23, and have put about 150 rounds through it so far. It consistently fails to eject at least one round out of ten.

Any suggestions?

I bought this Glock used from someone I didn't know at a gun show, so the warranty (if any) is not in my name. Would Glock help me with this problem anyways?

I'm at a loss here, and very, very disappointed. I actually traded a great pistol for this Glock, for the simple reason that I have heard over and over and over again. GLOCKS NEVER FAIL.

2. javelinadave

javelinadave Hebrew Hammer

I'm guessing your are limp wristing while you are shooting. Next time you shoot, mind your stance, arms and grip position. If you haven't heard, Glocks never fail.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010

3. ironman23

ironman23 Member

I have a G23 and it has never failed. *shrug*

4. wkywtkiller

wkywtkiller

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how could my grip have anything to do with case ejection?

5. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

Training my wife how to properly shoot our new G23s. She's a long time revolver gal (.357/.38) and so she was at first allowing the Glock to "roll" as you do somewhat with a revolver. She was getting a few stovepipes. I demonstrated that I had no such issues when I shot, by holding harder and not letting the gun rock back under recoil. She quickly picked up on this, and hey-presto! No more stovepipes

Technically this issue mostly arises because of the super light Glock frame vs the heavy steel slide assembly. Hold harder

6. ironman23

ironman23 Member

He thinks that your wrist flips back too much so that the slide cannot cycle properly.

7. wkywtkiller

wkywtkiller

I hate guys like you...:crying: All luck...LOL. I always get screwed some way or another. I had to pick the one Glock out there in the mix of a thousand that fails to eject to sink my money into.

8. javelinadave

Are your arms noodley or are you holding the pistol like one of Charlie's Angels? Let a friend who shoots semi auto regularly shoot it and see if it happens to him/her.

I don't think it is the gun. My guess is your shooting "technique".

9. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

Early Glock's in 40 S&W have a "short" ejector. This was changed around 1998 to a longer ejector for better ejection with loads that give faster slide speeds.

10. wkywtkiller

wkywtkiller

The slide definitely doesn't make contact with my wrist or forearm. Wouldn't this be the only way it didn't slide far enough back to cycle correctly??

11. javelinadave

Pay an instructor for 30 minutes of his/her time. It will be well worth your money.

12. wkywtkiller

wkywtkiller

Now that, I can buy! I have had several semi-auto pistols and have never, NEVER had an issue like this before the Glock. You could very well be correct, because due to my research of the serial number, it was built in 1995. Can I purchase/ have installed this new "long" ejector?

13. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

No.

What exactly is it doing? Fired case getting caught by the slide in a stovepipe? Fired case being left in the chamber or partially stuck long ways between barrel and slide?

What kind of ammo? What work has been done to it?

Being a used pistol, I would make sure all parts are correct and installed properly before getting too worried.

Can you disassemble and check to see if it has ANY oil on it at all? Maybe take it apart and post a picture of all the main parts like barrel, frame, underside of slide and recoil spring?

14. Glockrkewl

Glockrkewl

If you don't keep everything firm then you are absorbing some of the energy created that would normally operate the slide.

I have a 23 that I have had since the early 90's and it never fails when I shoot it. (Thousands of rounds) EVERY time I let my buddy shoot it he gets several failures to extract. All I can say is I would try and have someone else shoot it and see if it does it with them.

15. wkywtkiller

wkywtkiller

I'm not trying to get defensive, because I do appreciate everyone's opinion/ideas, BUT I'm quite surprised that everyone is assuming that I am a new shooter, just because I have a new Glock. Do you all always criticize the shooter before the firearm?

16. wkywtkiller

wkywtkiller

The empty case is staying in the chamber/ mostly. It might come partially out ( 1/4" ). But that is all. I have cleaned/ oiled the gun several times. I will try to get some pictures posted later tonight. Thanks.

17. Gtwo3

Gtwo3

To simplify, grip your glock like you'd grip a tennis racket to serve a tennis ball and you'll be good to go. If it's used it could have had the mags loaded for a long time and the mag springs could need to be replaced. I'd call glock for some new mag springs and a new recoil spring while you're at it.....a whopping 20 bucks should cover it.

18. kooman

kooman

19. ironman23

ironman23 Member

Like you said earlier. Glocks never fail!

20. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Maybe you're using crap ammo. Ammo that's barely under-powered. Couple that with a weak grip and presto: ftex/ftej. Maybe some portion of your hand is riding/rubbing the slide during recoil, another grip issue. Hold it like ya got a pair. Let another accomplished shooter shoot it and see what happens.