Glock Talk banner

Does your barrel hood have an marks or spots on it in the metal.

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Only the black finish has worn off.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don't know. I never looked.

Votes: 0 0.0%

G23 barrel hood spots.

564 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  shutmdown 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had my G23 for abou 7 years. Only put exactly 26 rounds through it.
I pulled it out of the safe today for the 6 month wipe down.
I notice the barrel hood as some small spots on it. Like tiny indentions. 2 small spots.
But the black finish is in the indentions. So I am thinking they were there before it left the factory

Anyone else have small anomalies in theirs?
I plan to swith this out to my edc and these spots have me worried that rust might start there?

#2 ·
Post us some pics, we can make a better assessment of what you are experiencing.

#3 ·
All I have is a tablet for pics. And I can't get a good enough pic. At first I thought it was rust. But it clearly looks like small scratches. But the black finish is still there?

You can only see them if you hold the pistol in the light just right. I took a tooth pick and tried to feel them.
But It seemed to slide right over.

Beats me?

#4 ·
I've never observed any indentations in the location you mentioned on my Glock pistols. Since you owned it for 7 years and no rust has developed, you must have maintained the gun very well up to this point. Shoot the pistol to develop confidence in the weapon. Keep on maintaining the gun and you shouldn't have any issues of rust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.