GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like everyone else, I have no idea what will be happening in the world next summer, but if Glock offers the Salute To Veterans blue label sale again I'm wondering if I should consider my first .45ACP Glock model.

As of now, I own a G23.4 and like it fine, mainly for home defense with a WML. For EDC I have a pair of Sig P365s and for pocket carry I've got a Ruger LCPII. In the past I've tried to simplify with one gun, one caliber. However, with too much time on my hands, I've been perusing GT and considering a current thread about the .45 being a tried-and-true caliber, even with ball ammo. Hmmm.

If I'm still in the mood, and IF Glock offers the sale again and I were to get serious about this option, could I use the same holsters that currently carry my G23?

Thanks for your experience.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not sure of the exact measurements of the G23 but close to G19,yes?

My G19s fit nicely into a Milt Sparks VM2 holster made for a G30S. Found that out accidentally.

I don't usually try to fit any pistol into a holster for which it was not specifically built; but the G19 in the G30S holster is damn near perfect.

Only .45ACP Glock I have now is a 41.

Just got a pair of Sig P365XLs with Sparks holster on the way that is optics friendly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think that the Glock 30 is slightly wider than the Glock 19. While a Glock 19 will fit in a Glock 30 holster. I think the Glock 30 will fit into a Glock 19 holster it will just me a little tight for a while. A leather holster will stretch while kydex may not.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I have all three, 19, 23, & 30S.
The G-30S is just a tad wider than 19/23, so the 23 will fit fine in holsters made for 30S. The other way around, will be touch and go. Some yes, some no, is what I have found.
I have a couple of Universal holsters, that work fine, with all three, and my 43X too.

Reactions: bigsteve113

·
Registered
269 Posts
Holsters are a very personal thing that becomes part of your daily wear.

Keep adding to that holster-box of shame until you find what works for you.

It's worth the investment in time and money to get a carry method that you will use and be able to stay armed more of the time.

Please post about what .45ACP Glock you get!

I tried the 36,30S,and 41. The smaller ones didn't work out for me.

I count the G41 right up there with 1911s in shooting enjoyment and carry ability in a .45ACP-caliber pistol.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Ok, I have a G30S and a G23/2. The G23 fits in my Milt Sparks SSII holster very nicely. My G30S kydex holsters the G23 doesn't quite fit. The G23 sits in there loosely and doesn't snap into place as it should.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,114 Posts
Like everyone else, I have no idea what will be happening in the world next summer, but if Glock offers the Salute To Veterans blue label sale again I'm wondering if I should consider my first .45ACP Glock model.

As of now, I own a G23.4 and like it fine, mainly for home defense with a WML. For EDC I have a pair of Sig P365s and for pocket carry I've got a Ruger LCPII. In the past I've tried to simplify with one gun, one caliber. However, with too much time on my hands, I've been perusing GT and considering a current thread about the .45 being a tried-and-true caliber, even with ball ammo. Hmmm.

If I'm still in the mood, and IF Glock offers the sale again and I were to get serious about this option, could I use the same holsters that currently carry my G23?

Thanks for your experience.
I have a couple of G19's, including a G4, and a G30S.

The answer to your question is yes, sometimes, and sometimes not.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Not sure of the exact measurements of the G23 but close to G19,yes?

My G19s fit nicely into a Milt Sparks VM2 holster made for a G30S. Found that out accidentally.

I don't usually try to fit any pistol into a holster for which it was not specifically built; but the G19 in the G30S holster is damn near perfect.

Only .45ACP Glock I have now is a 41.

Just got a pair of Sig P365XLs with Sparks holster on the way that is optics friendly.
The gen4 19 and 23 have EXACTLY the same external dimensions. The 30s slide is the same width as those on the 19 and 23. The 30s frame is a little wider than the 19/23 frame. Holster fit is relative. Some fit, some don't.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My experience shows my GLOCK 30S can share most leather holsters made for my G19/23's. As far as kydex I find the G19/23 can fit the G30S kydex holsters pretty good, just not the other way around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts