G22: What parts to replace?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BurkGlocker, Mar 8, 2010.

1. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Texas Redneck

I got my G22 in a trade and there have been an untold amount of rounds put through this thing. What parts would you replace, especially not knowing how many rounds have been through it?

BG

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. GunOneDown

GunOneDown

take it a part and look to see if any need changing. It may not need anything replaced and if not sure, get an Armorer to check out for you. probably nothing if less than 10k been through it. Clean, Polish, and Shoot. .02

3. MonsterB

MonsterB

Kinda impossible to tell without seeing it or shooting it...may need nothing, may need a few things...my suggestion would be to shoot it and see how it responds...you can get an entire spring kit from glockparts.com for about 30$, wouldnt hurt to strart with that if the gun has any issues..

4. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Shoot first and observe.
    Place to start would be springs.
    :supergrin:

5. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

recoil springs after 5000 rnds. $8.00

6. GOA Guy

GOA Guy

I would replace the recoil spring and shoot it. Like robin303 said, 5000 rds....it may not even need it. Looking at the big picture there really aren't that many guns around that have had 5000 rds. through them.

7. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Texas Redneck

I have had this pistol for six months, no issues in feeding, firing or ejecting. I know that it was a duty firearm once before, got it in a trade with an LEO. It works fine, but I would like for my pistols to be in the best possible working order, especially not knowing the exact details of its history, like total round count. But not knowing its detailed history, would you even replace anything if it is already working fine?

BG