Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I put a 2nd generation G22 complete barrel/upper on a 3rd generation G17 complete lower with G22 mags and shoot 40S&W?

·
just me
8,190 Posts
yes as long as it is a 3 pin gun it will be fine !!!! but if it was me i would all so put in the trigger mechanism housing with ejector for the .40

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess my main concern is the ejector.
I have been told that the G17 ejector will with 40S&W upper but the G22 ejector will not work with G17 very well. Others have told me exactly the opposit.
Few people told me I have to change the ejector everytime I want to change the caliber.

So, what is the truth?

·
just me
8,190 Posts
I guess my main concern is the ejector.
I have been told that the G17 ejector will with 40S&W upper but the G22 ejector will not work with G17 very well. Others have told me exactly the opposit.
Few people told me I have to change the ejector everytime I want to change the caliber.

So, what is the truth?
change the ejector everytime I want to change the caliber ? If it was me yes i would !!

·
Frisky!
35,968 Posts
Ejector change:
1. for range--no.
2. for carry-- YES.
:supergrin:

·
Registered
11,627 Posts
Look at the angle on the ejectors and use the correct one for the caliber. If I told you there was the Possibility that a 9mm ejector May strike a primer on a live .40 round when it is removed from the gun someone would tell you something else. Ask one of the Glock Pro's on GT.

·
20,418 Posts
You've got it backwards with the ejectors. It is very dangerous to use a .40 top end with a 9mm ejector. Again, your G17 frame must be a three pin frame.

·
20,418 Posts
Yes, you may use a G23 upper on a 3-pin G19 frame provided you change the ejector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts