G22 problems?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by IMPALA SS, Mar 10, 2007.

1. IMPALA SS

IMPALA SS

Anyone hear any info on FTE's on g22's from Indiana state police and Haddon Heights ,NJ PD. According to The GUN ZONE, Glock is Stumped.

2. Archangel Mike

Archangel Mike

Are you under the impression that GSSF is the "General Glocking" forum?

Why don't you ask the question there?

:headscratch:

:angel:

3. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Allthough I cannot answer for Impalla SS, I would venture a guess that he was seeking an answer from this forum because competitive shooters often push equipment harder, and thus may have also had problems???
    I can tell you this with 100% certainty:
    The Indiana State Police got rid of Beretta's and got G-22s...
    the G-22's were replaced with G-17's after the wizzards from Glock couldn't get an acceptable "failure rate" out of the G-22's.
    I know I wouldn't buy a "refurbished" G-22... I pass that along as a "heads up" for fellow GSSF'ers

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

He did post it in the General Glocking section.

5. Terminator

Terminator

Personally i dont have a problem with Impala SS asking the question here. I find the GSSF Forum to be much more knowledgeable and mature than the general Glocking forum, and more willing to lend a helping hand.

I havent heard anything on this subject, but we have several members from NJ that may know something and hopefully will chime in on it.

One thing about Dean Speir. He is a serious Anti Glocker so i take what he says with a grain of salt.

6. IMPALA SS

IMPALA SS

The original posting here was a mistake, but being the techno-wizzard that I am , I couldn't figgure out how to fix it. I do agree that you get more expierenced shooters over here so I guess I didn't screw up. I am from NJ (but ashamed of it), and I do know someone who is friends with a Haddon Heights police officer, so I should be able to get the inside scoop soon. The thing that bugs me is that a couple of years ago, myself and a buddy were at the range with the Haddon Heights PD, and we let them try our guns (glocks and 1911's). The Chief invited us to shoot their dualing tree with them and we had a blast. We might have nudged them toward Glocks in the first place.

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Impala SS;
    I am not from that area but I do own a G22 and have shot several thousand rounds through it in both fun shooting and in GSSF matches and have had no problems. I have run both factory ammo and my wimpy reloads and it has been flawless. I am a little leary of the story but I don't claim to be an expert.:thumbsup:

8. ede

ede

from what little i know the problem happens after 50,000 rounds or so.

9. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

There is a greater chance of connection with someone who not only knows Glock is a firearm but may have actually shot one!

10. Archangel Mike

Archangel Mike

OK, if the consensus is that the question is appropriate here, I will throw in my own $.02.

I don't own a G-22, but I do own three of the other .40 Glocks, the -23, -27, and -35.

All three run flawlessly.

So, if there is some inherent problem with the -22, it is not shared by it's stablemates, in my experience.

11. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I seem to racall an advisory about the G22 when fired with a tac light hanging on the rail will sometimes cause problems. GLOCK put out something about it. It was a long time ago. I have had G22's in the past and had no problems.

12. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

I own a Second Generation G22 that has had close to 25,000 rounds shot through it over the years and I have had no problem with it. In fact, it still has its original springs and parts. I have used it in IDPA matches for the past 5 years as well.

I haven't heard of any problems with the G22.

I will ask around and share with you any findings that I may have.

Regards,
    Bobby Carver

13. Terminator

Terminator

Wait a sec
    I think i remember something about them redesigning the Locking Block, and making it bigger some time ago to account for the added flexing of the frame in the .40 resulting in frame damage over time.

Did anyone else hear this?

14. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

"I am a little leary of the story but I don't claim to be an expert."

I'm not an Expert, either- but I can tell you this with 100% certainty:
    Every G-22 the Indiana State Police purchased was replaced with G-17's at no cost to the ISP.

If you'll go to the "INDIANA GLOCKERS" section, there is a "ISP-G22"
    thread- you probably just need to read the 1st page of it- look at TLHELMER's posts- he's a Troop out of the Evansville Dist-he gives hands on first hand accounts.